New Moderators

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

I'm cool with the "Collecting and History" section still (as this is where my passion is) and the other "Other Systems" I'll still do if no one wants it, but will be glad to give it to some one who has a passion in that area.

I think Mods needs to be active frequenters of the forum too to be able to moderate daily. Ie: Alan hasn't posted in a year and Joqi hasn't posted since November 2008.
6502dude
megacart

Post by 6502dude »

From what I can see the real "problem" moderators are DigitalQuirk, 6502Dude (me :oops: ), and Eslapion.

I think these three ought to be removed from moderating any forum.
Image Mega-Cart: the ultimate cartridge for your Commodore Vic-20
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

Graphic/Potentially Offensive Images
We ask that potentially offensive images should either be linked or hidden inside a spoiler tag. They must be clearly labelled as such with a brief description explaining the nature of the content to enable other users to make an informed decision before clicking. Such images which are not hidden in this manner may be removed without notice. The moderators also reserve the right to remove any image without notice.
Well, that takes all the fun out of things :lol:

I guess I'd be banned :oops:
Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

Centallica wrote:Well, that takes all the fun out of things :lol:
I guess I'd be banned :oops:
It doesn't say you can't post the naughty stuff, just link to it with some cautionary text. Some of us read Denial at work, you know, so some fair warning would be helpful :wink:

Plus you indirectly brought up the issue of enforcement. I don't think an outright banning would be called for except in extreme circumstances.

The rare time I've felt I had to act as a moderator, I didn't even edit the content, just PM'd the individual and asked them to reconsider what was written...

I'm happy to continue moderating the forums I'm on, and I'll try to be more diligent about it.
Royas
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by Royas »

fresh moderators would be nice.

In my short time here I've seen the moderators both start fights, and just participate in them.

I will not name names here.

I think Carlsson has always been helpful and should remain moderating, and maybe someone like Pedro could help with a few sections?

Robert seems like he would make a good new mod too.

as for Off Topic, shame on people that turn the off topic discussion into flame wars and all of that. It's a good category to have. In a real VIC20 convention, there is plenty of off topic chatting.

I guess some people just get more vocal and inflammatory over the internet.

I think off topic should stay and remain moderated as is. The one topic I witnessed, when it got out of line, was quickly locked and taken care of.
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

6502dude wrote:From what I can see the real "problem" moderators are DigitalQuirk, 6502Dude (me :oops: ), and Eslapion.

I think these three ought to be removed from moderating any forum.
Eslapion's language skills and technical expertise makes him a perfect candidate for both International and hardware forums, and I haven't known him to be the cause of any problems lately.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Royas wrote:as for Off Topic, shame on people that turn the off topic discussion into flame wars and all of that.
Actually we didn't have an OT area for many years, so perhaps there is a lot of off-topic bubbling up.

I may not have participated in any recent flame wars, but I know in whom I have my likes and antipaties. Everyone else on the forum will too, and perhaps shutting up with the name-calling and so will simply lead to people stop replying to eachother, in the name of "why should I help or answer a question from somebody I don't like/trust". On the overall, I think that attitude will help the forum more. Nobody will miss the occasional on-topic message, and the answer will come sooner or later from another source.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

I any help is needed, I am here :)

Everything else, but I dont know anything about programming :wink:
6502dude
megacart

Post by 6502dude »

DigitalQuirk wrote:Eslapion's language skills and technical expertise makes him a perfect candidate for both International and hardware forums, and I haven't known him to be the cause of any problems lately.
I think you are look at this through rose coloured glasses. :wink:

Bad behaviour comes and goes in cycles for both you, I, and eslapion.

I don't think any of us are appropriate as moderators, if we can't behave ourselves long term.
Image Mega-Cart: the ultimate cartridge for your Commodore Vic-20
Richard James
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Richard James »

On some forums they have a section where threads that deny the rules can go. On the Ubuntu forums it is called recurring discussions. This way the discussions can still take place therefore letting off steam but it doesn't distract other users. Note this is not the same as a OT forum.

BTW I feel too prejudiced to be a moderator.
Change is inevitable except from a vending machine.
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

I'm a moderator of the International section but there isn't too much to do in this section :wink:

If you want i may moderate another section too.
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

I'm not the most talented or knowledgeable person around here but if you find you need a hand in any of the forums (except International!) just give me a shout. I'm fairly level-headed, objective and positive. :)
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

Richard James wrote:On some forums they have a section where threads that deny the rules can go. On the Ubuntu forums it is called recurring discussions. This way the discussions can still take place therefore letting off steam but it doesn't distract other users. Note this is not the same as a OT forum.
That's an excellent idea. Sort of an un-moderated place that the rest of us can avoid, while those who feel they have a nit to pick can go at it. It may also serve the useful purpose of identifying those who should not ever be made moderator. Intriguing.
channelmaniac
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by channelmaniac »

If you need another person for hardware & tech, I'll take it.

Can you create a subsection for h&t called Repair Logs? This way folks can put posts up on what they did to fix a hardware problem that's VIC or accessory related.

Raymond
Call me a cheap bastard... I learned to fix things to save money... even surface mount soldering...

Visit my website: http://www.arcadecomponents.com