BASIC Vertical Scroller

Basic and Machine Language

Moderator: Moderators

DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Last edited by DELETED on Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

Sdw has done a proper full screen height vertical scroll as last part in his 'Ancient School' demo.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

:? That's no reason to be pissed off.

You're still free to write your own routine, analyse Sdw's demo, or ask him for the source. Or whatever.

As for the scroll routine itself, it is of course only a single 'effect', where there's possibly not much variation (except for the scroller/images contents) - and the resulting code will bear many similarities.
Legacy
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by Legacy »

Thanks for that code MRaider, very nice, and thanks for keeping the hi-res out cause Mike still never told me how to get it running and blamed it on me, then blamed it on VICE for not being able to paste correctly, but even when i pasted line by line of the loader , the program still did not work. I asked for a working .prg but got nothing... no more posting minigraphik in my thread, thank you :D , But this is good stuff here, really informative, thanks!!
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

Legacy wrote:[...]I asked for a working .prg but got nothing...
You're lying.

I posted a link to a *.d64 file image of MINIGRAFIK, but you either didn't see it, or ignored it.

You're quite a bigmouth for just posting here a months worth. I really won't waste my time anymore discussing with you. PLONK.
Legacy
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by Legacy »

8)
Last edited by Legacy on Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Schlowski
NoMess!

Post by Schlowski »

Legacy, just look into a mirror then you will see whos fault this is. Or as someone told: The problem sits always in front of the screen.

The only one who is lame is you.
6502dude
megacart

Post by 6502dude »

Schlowski wrote:Legacy, just look into a mirror then you will see whos fault this is. Or as someone told: The problem sits always in front of the screen.

The only one who is lame is you.
Agreed!

After review of the thread, (which had read previously) I found Mike to be providing clear and accurate details.
Last edited by 6502dude on Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Mega-Cart: the ultimate cartridge for your Commodore Vic-20
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Legacy is giving me strong Wildstar vibes, if you know what I mean.

MRaider: I think by POKE 36867,74 or even greater you get 37+ rows which is more than both PAL and NTSC screens will ever display. Then use double buffering like you already are considering, but instead of storing an additional bitmap you should be able to just store another copy of the screen matrix. While moving (scrolling) the screen eight pixels upwards, at the same time you copy its contents to the other display. Then you swap the two, and repeat the process. Even at 22x37 virtual characters it is only 814 bytes of data to move instead of a couple kilobytes. It however relies on the fact that you can define a screen area much greater than what you can see. In order to get this really smooth, I think machine code is in order.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

carlsson wrote:Legacy is giving me strong Wildstar vibes, if you know what I mean.
I do although I don't remember Wildstar ever being so aggressively rude. :(
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.