Introduce Yourself: What's your User Name based on?

Sticky Threads and Annoucements
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Yeah, it could be that east-west thing again. We have quite a lot of that over here! For the record I don't really care much I was just ribbing you a little. :)
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

Ian Colquhoun wrote:My dad is from Glasgow, and oddly, all the other Scots that I associate with regularly in my pipe band are also Glaswegians.
See, that explains it. The pronunciation is because they're drunk 24/7.

/me ducks
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
6502dude
megacart

Post by 6502dude »

gklinger wrote:See, that explains it. The pronunciation is because they're drunk 24/7.
That's not true!
I don't think you can't consider the time passed out as drunk. :wink:
Last edited by 6502dude on Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Mega-Cart: the ultimate cartridge for your Commodore Vic-20
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Poor Glasgow they can't help it if they have drink problems and can't spell! ;)
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Poor Glasgow. They can't help it if they have drink problems and can't spell! ;)

EDIT: Oops! It looks like us lot from Edinburgh can't post properly! :oops:
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Who cares about spelling someone's last name when there is booze to have? :-P
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Badders
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by Badders »

My nick is based on my surname, simple really :D

New to these forums after digging out my VIC-20. Now have a 16k expansion (gotta love eBay) and am thinking the VIC-20 version of Jetpac kicks the Speccy version all over the screen.

Have ordered the Mega-Cart, just awaiting payment instructions. Really can't wait to get this.

Also have 3 x C64s, a Plus/4 and a 128D.

Pete.
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.
ohm
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by ohm »

Hello, just joined, I got my vic on Monday, ebay, and have been playing with it. It came with a 16k expansion and three games, omega race, moon patrol and another that doesn't work. I also found a Okidata 120 printer locally that works, it passed the "Hello World" test, as well as a joy stick, both of which were free. I have also ordered a 1541 disk drive and have the parts to build a XM1541 cable so from what I understand I should be pretty well set up for getting software at that point. I have downloaded the game disks from 8-bit central, can't wait to play frogger and Donkey Kong again.

One thing that I noticed is that after playing omega race for a few minutes the joystick starts to stop functioning, which after some searching, I think might be a bad 6522 chip, does this sound correct? If so I well see if my local parts store has them in their Jim-Pak section and if not they can order from Jameco.

Thanks
Nathan
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

Try reseating the chips first before you order new ones. The contact could have oxidized with age (in which case cleaning the chip legs might work), or they might have just become slightly unseated with age - although the fact they work at first but not later could indicate a heat failure problem.

Also swap the location of the two chips and see if the joystick works, but something else goes wonky. This will help you narrow down which 6522 has gone bad (if it has).

I had a VIC that wouldn't print properly until I reseated the chips. It was fine after that.
ohm
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by ohm »

I well give that a try, might be as I could only get the printer to work once and then it would say device not present, or something along those lines.
Royas
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by Royas »

hey there. I am Royas.

Long time computer user, long time nerd, long time musician!

Royas is the name of the hero from Legacy of the Wizard for the NES (it is also my avatar). I like that game a lot. It is pretty fun.

I program computers and I for whatever reason enjoy 6502/Z80 based machines more than doing it on new systems (x86).

I play piano, a little harp, .... and a little bit of the kazoo! :P

I just started inching back into Commodore land after being out of the loop for awhillllle !

Got Vice going and re-exploring the land of VIC.

Hurray!
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

Royas wrote:hey there. I am Royas.

Long time computer user, long time nerd, long time musician!

Royas is the name of the hero from Legacy of the Wizard for the NES (it is also my avatar). I like that game a lot. It is pretty fun.

I program computers and I for whatever reason enjoy 6502/Z80 based machines more than doing it on new systems (x86).

I play piano, a little harp, .... and a little bit of the kazoo! :P

I just started inching back into Commodore land after being out of the loop for awhillllle !

Got Vice going and re-exploring the land of VIC.

Hurray!
Welcome, Royas. Being a musician, you'll be in good company here. One Denial member even has a CD release. I'm positive you will fit in well with our mix. For the most part, anyway. ;)
Royas
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by Royas »

sounds pretty good.

which member has the CD? Sounds interesting.
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Welcome bloke! So, are you actively coding or doing anything else interesting for the VIC or are you like me and just plan on hanging about to see what's going on? Either way I hope you have fun here. :)
Ian Colquhoun
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by Ian Colquhoun »

Royas wrote:which member has the CD? Sounds interesting.
See here or here. Schema and Boray both have CDs out. Enjoy!
Realms of Mystery BBS
bbs.pipesup.ca 6400
(currently offline)