Moderator: Moderators

Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

Mikam73 wrote:
Centallica wrote:
Mikam73 wrote:You know.. That part of car that is at rear.. :lol:
I know it's in the rear... :wink:

You're a good guy Mikham...keep up the enthusiasm for Commodore man!
You keep playing with silver balls.. :lol:

I maybe should go and rev up a Bally Corvette a little too.. :D
More like blue ones :lol:
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

gklinger wrote:I've yet to see the price of a small run multicarts go down. It isn't as if millions are made and pumped into a retail channel where they eventually go on clearance. Ridiculous. If anyone thinks the price will go down, tell them to look into the price of a Cuttle Cart. :)
Well....actually....there WAS going to be a market glut. You see, Brian mistakenly ordered a *few* too many Mega-Carts from the factory producing the PCBs....and....er.....well, let me just say that Nicola and I had to sneak into a dump in New Mexico one night with a backhoe, a trash compacter and a cement mixing truck.... :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_video_game_burial
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Walmart just announced they will be selling the MegaCart for $98.74.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

Jeff-20 wrote:Walmart just announced they will be selling the MegaCart for $98.74.
Oh no! Someone else is going to get trampled to death. :lol:

(Too soon?)
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Won't there be a Sears-Cart soon too?
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

carlsson wrote:Won't there be a Sears-Cart soon too?
That would be the VIC-20 "Tele-Cart" - and we'd have to re-do the cartridge case in fake wood-grain. :lol:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/neatocoolville/320561211/
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Hi,

I wish to inform that, to contact us for any Mega-Cart related question, i've added the new contact page:
http://www.mega-cart.com/contact/

We are very busy at the moment but we will try to reply asap.

Thank you very much for your interest, 60 Mega-Carts already ordered at the moment we will reply to all of you with a confirmation email btw if you have a question please use the new contact page.
ral-clan wrote:I've read on some of the other forums a few people (the minority) complaining that it's too highly priced and that they'll buy it when the price comes down.
To be honest, we just cover the costs so i really don't think that the Mega-Cart will have a lower price.
As Brian said some time ago, we will sell the cartridge until there is demand so someone need to inform these people if they are really interested on Mega-Cart.
They're totally wrong of course. There's, what, over 200 games in there? ... Plus...PLUS ... PLUS ....PLUS........PLLLUUUUUSSSS.....
Hey.. you convinced me :wink:

To be serious, i don't think there is a comparable cartridge for other systems at the moment, the Mega-Cart is not a "simply" multi-cart like others, i think that this aspect is not really clear, i think that if a person reflects on all Mega-Cart features / contents and does one's sums then he realizes that contrariwise the Mega-Cart is a cheap vic-20 item.
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

I believe it boils down to whether you're a collector, gamer or enthusiast. Those who own a VIC-20 as part of their collection may find $100 for a multicart way too expensive. Us enthusiasts think the other way around, as the VIC tends to be our main vintage interest.

Anyway, it is up to each and everyone what they pay for. The Sean Kelly Vectrex multicarts used to be quite expensive too, about $100 or more a few years ago. Now you may find them second hand on eBay for perhaps half of one third of that. I think most newly produced cartridges of this kind cost approximately this much. In that way, Eslapion's Behr Bonz was exceptionally inexpensive, but then you also "only" got a bare cartridge board. For casual collectors, another run of that cartridge may be all they need in the section of VIC-20.

Besides, I think Brian et. al are happy if they only need to produce ~100-200 cartridges in a first run, as there probably lies quite a bit of work behind assembling each one. Not to mention as long as old shells are reused, this is a limited source.
Anders Carlsson

RobertBe
Vic 20 Elite

Post by RobertBe »

carlsson wrote:The Sean Kelly Vectrex multicarts used to be quite expensive too, about $100 or more a few years ago.
I picked up my Vectrex multicart directly from Sean Kelly a few years ago at the Classic Gaming Expo for $70.

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug
The Other Group of Amigoids
http://www.calweb.com/~rabel1/
Southern California Commodore/Amiga Network
http://www.sccaners.org/
dragos
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by dragos »

Just wait until he says something you don't like, will you return it then?

Stop posting your stupid anecdotes that have no bearing on the thread.....

noone cares what you bought a few years ago...
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Well, $70 or $100 is pretty much the same thing. For anyone who doesn't have an obsessive interest in the VIC-20, I believe anything more than $30-40 (i.e. the price range of the Behr Bonz) will make them think twice before ordering. Fortunately we don't have to pray and beg all the casual video game collectors to get a copy each, as the Mega-Cart mainly was developed for the benefit of us enthusiasts in the Denial community and anyone else not part of it may buy it at the same cost.

On the other forums I read, several people who never has visited this forum are considering to place orders as soon as they can drum up the cash. Apparently the decision what money is worth is highly individual. Some people will gladly spend $1000 and beyond on a new plasma TV, which I find is a complete waste of money. In my world, a brand new TV should cost no more than $400, max $500 if it is a very good one.
Anders Carlsson

Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

^
Too true. For me $100 for the Mega-Cart is an absolute bargain and was pretty chuffed when I found out the price. My best friend (a gaming geek like me) on the other hand thinks it's a total waste of money but happily spent the same amount on the 'limited edition' Halo 3...which I thought was a rip-off...

It really is all subjective, eh? :)
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

How many copies is a limited edition? 100, 200, 500, 1000, 5000?
Anders Carlsson

Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Och, it was about as limited edition as a fly in the air. I can't remember off-hand but it was 10's of thousands...suffice to say the Mega-Cart will, no doubt, be more collectible in the future. :)
AmiDog
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by AmiDog »

Just placed an order for one unit. Happy, happy, joy, joy :D