New Release : Snowman Alphabet

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

New Release : Snowman Alphabet

Post by ral-clan »

Okay, I briefly let people know about this in 2006 when I made it. However, it never got a proper release through DENIAL channels until now.

It's for pre-school kids. Helps them learn their alphabet and the locations of letters on a keyboard while they build a snowman. Don't make too many mistakes or the temperature will get high enough to melt "Frosty". Successfully build the snowman and you are given a musical reward.

The first time 'round it will require a parent to read some of the sentences on the screen. After that the child should be able to play on his or her own.

I think the routine to render the large letters was given to me by Carlsson or Boray back in 2006.

Download:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/clarke-santin/ ... phabet.prg
Last edited by ral-clan on Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Very nice indeed! ...and with this one, there are 15 new software releases in 2008 (more than one per month!). Let's see if we can reach 24 - I'm not THAT optimist though :P .
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

Very seasonal. If we keep this up, perhaps we'll see a version of the Vic 20 released for pre-schoolers! :wink:
Victragic
Frogger '07

Post by Victragic »

Hi,

sorry, this is late, I haven't been in Denial much recently.

I wanna say, I am fast being converted to PETSCII graphics on the VIC! Because of the 'square' characters and single-pixel lines, you can come up with some great-looking pics, like in this game.

Games for kids, always welcome. I have a daughter just learning the alphabet, this may be just right for her.

-G
3^4 is 81.0000001
Iltanen
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Iltanen »

This one's great for my sister.. thanks!