dracosilv's EEPROM Programmer

Modding and Technical Issues

Moderator: Moderators

Jeff-20
Denial Founder

dracosilv's EEPROM Programmer

Post by Jeff-20 »

ok. I finally charged the battery on my camera and transferred the images from ECCC. This is dracosilv:

He built this (an EEPROM 'programmer'):
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
dracosilv
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by dracosilv »

It is a nice piece of hardware... only problem with it, is I don't have another broken VIC-Cart. So I can't do any extra tinkering or hardware cart interfacing w/o messing up the circuit as it is right now. I am going to make the thing internal to my VIC (somewhat) so that I can free up my userport cart, but I'm still not really looking forward to messing up the cart. If any of you here have any borked VIC carts that are common that you wouldn't mind donating/selling to me, I'd be interested in them. I could possibly make another cart, or use the cart to interface some other bit of hardware to the vic.
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Nice, which eproms you may "burn" with the vic ?
have you written a software too ?

PS: Nice psychedelic T-shirt :wink:
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.
dracosilv
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by dracosilv »

Thanks for the comment about the shirt. The only EEPROMS I can burn with this hardware are 5 volt VPP ones. CAT28C64 for instance.
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

dracosilv wrote:The only EEPROMS I can burn with this hardware are 5 volt VPP ones. CAT28C64 for instance.
Not too bad, enough for 8k BLK5 cartridge images, any chance for a 27C64 eprom ? which software have you used ?
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.
dracosilv
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by dracosilv »

Not sure if i could adapt it to use a non-5v VPP chip... Probably wouldn't be too hard tho. I really haven't 'used' any programs. The way I could program the chips as of right now would basically be a memory copy/dump or peek/poke to the chip.