Commodore VIC 20 Games For Sale (approx. 75 titles)

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

commodorevic20.com
Vic 20 Drifter

Commodore VIC 20 Games For Sale (approx. 75 titles)

Post by commodorevic20.com »

Hi Everyone! :D

I have Commodore VIC 20 Games/Software available for sale here:

http://www.commodorevic20.com

At time of posting this message, I have approx. 75 titles available for the VIC-20. The page is updated every few days to keep the list current.

-Paul
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

Are you operating this as a business or are you selling your extras?
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
6502dude
megacart

Post by 6502dude »

gklinger wrote:Are you operating this as a business or are you selling your extras?
Sounds like a business to me :roll:

At $8.95US for Avenger - I'm sitting on a gold mine :lol:

These prices make MegaCart look very attractive :!: :!: :!:
Image Mega-Cart: the ultimate cartridge for your Commodore Vic-20
commodorevic20.com
Vic 20 Drifter

Hi Golan!

Nice to meet a fellow Canadian!

It's a bit of both. I've been a Commodore nut since way back & have a fairly large collection. I started selling spares & games I didn't want on eBay years ago. I've dealt with a few members of the forum via eBay over the years. Due to the recent eBay changes, I decided to setup the website. My sales help fund my collections! :D The sales are done through my business to keep everything legal with the government (the only downside is I'm sorry to say my fellow Canadians have to pay tax).

Best Regards,
Paul
gklinger wrote:Are you operating this as a business or are you selling your extras?
jbuonacc
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by jbuonacc »

i think the site looks very nice. premium prices, but somebody might be willing to pay i guess. what happens when you sell out of everything? :) one thing i thought was funny(?) was the $10usd minimum order, basically forcing someone to buy at least two items. what's not so funny is the fact that the lowest priced item is $8.95usd (even the cassettes start at this price). :(

6502dude - nobody's discounting the fact that the Mega-Cart is a great deal. the problem is that some of us (or at least our Vic-20s) might be dead by the time it gets released. :D besides, it's not quite as visually impressive to some when compared to a room full of carts and cassettes... not sure why, but some people are into that sort of thing.
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

Wanna buy a pad holder $8.95 X 6 = $53.70

Will throw in the pad and pen :wink:

Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

i thought about charging a membership fee to join the Denial forum. But there are not enough members to make it really profitable (I want to buy at least a small luxury boat from this hobby).

But the regular members do come often, so I then decided a daily cover charge would be a better way to get money out of you guys.

But I don't really have a way to keep you cheap guys from sneaking in. So, now my strategy is to just have a two drink minimum.

You cannot come on to this site without committing to the consumption of two beverages. I haven't figured out a way to profit from this (or the hobby in general), but the rule is effective now. Yes, now!
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

Jeff-20 wrote:You cannot come on to this site without committing to the consumption of two beverages.
Two drinks? Bah. I am ready to commit to being drunk for the good of Denial.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

jbuonacc wrote: - nobody's discounting the fact that the Mega-Cart is a great deal. the problem is that some of us (or at least our Vic-20s) might be dead by the time it gets released. :D
Yes please, hurry up, my grandchildren can't wait to play with the VIC... :wink:
jbuonacc wrote:besides, it's not quite as visually impressive to some when compared to a room full of carts and cassettes... not sure why, but some people are into that sort of thing.
I do have a piece of furniture with transparent glass doors, full of VIC-20 books, carts, and cassettes, and I'm very proud of it (although people look at it with surprise and ignores what's exactly in it, beauty is in the eye of the beholder...)
Last edited by orion70 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
commodorevic20.com
Vic 20 Drifter

6502dude

Another fellow Canadian! Nice to meet you.
At $8.95US for Avenger - I'm sitting on a gold mine
You & Me Both! The common games do sell from time to time.
These prices make MegaCart look very attractive
I think your MegaCart is a great project & very reasonably priced.

jbuonacc
i think the site looks very nice.
Thank you! I'm a novice when it comes to web design (which probably shows). I've done my best for the meantime, and will continue to work at it. The site has only been online for a couple weeks now.
what happens when you sell out of everything?
Not going to happen unless I stop buying. It seems every time I buy something for myself, it comes with several things I don't want. (This is how everyone else gets 20 copies of Avenger & Omega Race too). I also sometimes buy the some things specifically for resale if I know I can make a profit on it. This in turn helps me pay for the stuff I want for my own collections. My hobbies pay for themselves.
$10usd minimum order, basically forcing someone to buy at least two items.
Thank you for the constructive criticism. I've taken it into consideration & have removed the minimum order from my site. If you have any other suggestions, I'm certainly open to ideas.

Centallica
Wanna buy a pad holder $8.95 X 6 = $53.70
Yet another fellow Canuck! Wow, your offer sure is tempting, especially with the free pad & pen. You should try eBay, I'm sure golden palace doesn't have one yet! They bought a grilled cheese sandwich for $28,000 - the pen holder has be worth three times that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GoldenPalace.com

Jeff-20
i thought about charging a membership fee to join the Denial forum. But there are not enough members to make it really profitable (I want to buy at least a small luxury boat from this hobby).
Don't worry Jeff - when I sell all my Avengers I'll have more than enough money to buy us each a large luxury yacht, this one's on me!

Best Regards,
Paul
jbuonacc
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by jbuonacc »

Orion - i think your quotes got a bit screwed up. :) and i was joking about owning the actual carts, etc. (well, half joking i guess.) sometimes there's nothing like owning the real thing.

Paul - don't worry about being a novice in web design, i think the minimal approach works great for the site. sometimes people go overboard, or they're completely tasteless and don't know it.

as for the prices - maybe lower the cost a bit on the more common carts? it's almost like someone asking $9usd for an Atari 'Combat' or Pac-Man' cartridge (or in this case, 'Space Invaders'). :D granted, Vic-20 carts are generally much harder to come by. i'm sure some here will say they should sell for no more than $1, i think $5 is reasonable for even a common cartridge if someone's looking for one. even better, they've got a good selection to choose from if trying to build a collection.

some may not, but i like what you're doing.
Last edited by jbuonacc on Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
commodorevic20.com
Vic 20 Drifter

jbuonacc wrote:i think your quotes got a bit screwed up. :) and i was joking about owning the actual carts, etc. (well, half joking i guess.) sometimes there's nothing like owning the real thing.
Quotes.... oops. :oops: Bare with me, I'm new to the site. :D

In my own collection, I collect both actual carts & multicarts for various systems. It's nice having original games in the original boxes if possible for display or use. I like to play with a multicart because it's easy to use & puts less wear on the originals (& often will have games I can't get originals of in the first place!).
jbuonacc
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by jbuonacc »

not your quotes. :D see my edit above.

also, looks like that 'Apple Panic' cart could use a bit of a cleaning. not looking so good. :) it'd be appreciated by your customers if you took the time to do stuff like this. (obviously there's nothing that can be done with stuff like engraved initials or funky labels...)
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

jbuonacc wrote:Orion - i think your quotes got a bit screwed up. :) and i was joking about owning the actual carts, etc. (well, half joking i guess.) sometimes there's nothing like owning the real thing.
Yep sorry, corrected. :oops:
Good to collect the real thing, but now I'm living with my fiancee, so I need space - guess I will convert to MegaCart only :P .
commodorevic20.com
Vic 20 Drifter

jbuonacc wrote:
as for the prices - maybe lower the cost a bit on the more common carts? it's almost like someone asking $9usd for an Atari 'Combat' or Pac-Man' cartridge (or in this case, 'Space Invaders'). :D granted, Vic-20 carts are generally much harder to come by. i'm sure some here will say they should sell for no more than $1, i think $5 is reasonable for even a common cartridge if someone's looking for one. even better, they've got a good selection to choose from if trying to build a collection.
Thanks!

I've taken what you've said into consideration & I'm going to give what you've suggested a try. I've just put a sale on the more common Commodore carts ($5/each). If I'm happy with the results, I'll make these prices permanent.

Best Regards,
Paul