Retrogathering 2009, Stockholm 10-11 October

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

Zeela wrote:It's a PET 2001-N... Not the original PET 2001.
Ok. So N makes the difference. :) I was thinking that there might be something to do with that letter, but was not sure, course it did look like my 3032. Orginal 2001 would be nice.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Last year was a true bargain hunt for the people who still were there. I sold a CBM-610 for less than 50 Euros, and there was only one bidder. A number of other less common items went ridiculously cheap compared to online auction sites.

Hopefully this year bidding will be a bit higher now when we have advertised in advance and will run the auction at prime time. If the bids are too poor, few people dare to sell their valuable items since they just lose money compared to putting it on eBay instead.

And yes, it is a 2001N with 32K, keyboard newly restored and verified to work even with IEEE floppy drive. Unfortunately I didn't have time to put together a working dual 40-track drive, otherwise I would include one.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

I did ask ship cabin prizes today, very expensive :(

Travel alone would cost about 150-200 euros there and back :?

To BIT Live when there was 4 people at cabin it did cost only 35e/person.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Ugh, that's bad. Probably due to you ask only one week in advance.

Actually a flight Helsinki - Stockholm Arlanda costs from 215 Euros roundtrip, so it isn't much more expensive. You'd fly from Helsinki at 8 AM and arrive at Arlanda 8 AM (one time zone further behind). Probably someone from Uppsala could pick you up on their way to the event. On Sunday, you'd fly back at 10:30 or 20:40.

On the other hand, you can't bring as much luggage on the airplane as you theoretically could if you go by a ferry, perhaps in your own car.

Had I known earlier there would be an interest, I should've posted dates already in early July.
Anders Carlsson

Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

Ferry wouldnt be bad if there was others coming from here and I could share cost atleast to half. I tryed ask ´Pelikonepeijoonit´ forum/irc, but no intrest go at all. Same happend with BIT live, but it was easyer find other to go from Remix64 forum. I did show pics of last year event, people liked them ofcourse and lot intresting stuff, but..

There was computer called Enterprise they were intrested. Never heard of one myself before. It was not for sale anyway.

I guess those guys would be less happy if I would sell my retrostuff to Sweden :)

Anyway I really would like to go. But after counting costs Travel 150-200euros, hotel +50euros, cash to buy something.. Maybe 150 euros.. Travel alone is just so very expensive and I dont like idea share cabin with totally unknown people, it would be little less expensive.

Thinking... thinking... :D
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Mikam73 wrote:There was computer called Enterprise they were intrested. Never heard of one myself before. It was not for sale anyway.
If you saw it on Retro Gathering last year, it most certainly was for sale. Just that nobody was willing to pay what the seller expected to get.

Perhaps your Finnish friends already have their retro gaming and swap meets so they don't feel the need to go across the sea to another one, but if you w/ or w/o other people make it, you're welcome! You may be the first foreigner ever at the event.
Anders Carlsson

Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

It was at ´Stonan´ pictures. Wonder how high prize was :)

Also there is black machine at pictures that nobody here seems to know what it is.. http://picasaweb.google.se/anders.stona ... 1274877234

We dont have retro swap meet here. I have talk about it here many times, maybe one day.. Many people have lot stuff, but no swap.

Also there isnt very many retro gaming partys here, there is ´Pelikonepeijaiset´ and ´Alternative party´, but not many other.

First foreigner at event sounds nice and you have Megacart there also 8)

+ I have those Vic20 games that are missing from database so those maybe could also be transfered to tap format.

Heck.. I wanna come there.. 8)

Event starts 20:00 and ends 20:00, but is there shedule/program of day?
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Do you mean the dark grey one with white keyboard? That is a Rockwell AIM-65, some kind of bigger cousin to our own KIM-1.

Retro Gathering opens 10 AM and officially closes 8 PM. Internally there is a tentative schedule that yet hasn't been published. After our final meeting this weekend it will be posted early next week.
Anders Carlsson

Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

carlsson wrote:Do you mean the dark grey one with white keyboard? That is a Rockwell AIM-65, some kind of bigger cousin to our own KIM-1.

Retro Gathering opens 10 AM and officially closes 8 PM. Internally there is a tentative schedule that yet hasn't been published. After our final meeting this weekend it will be posted early next week.
Yes. That machine 8)

About program, I am curious what happends there.. Swap and Atari Pong championship. Maybe I should start practise with my Atari Pongs.. I will be pro if I play/practise my left vs right arm :lol:

Do people play with their machines or are machines just shown/swap at tables? Summer Games with 8 players would be nice 8)
Zeela
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by Zeela »

There will be some machines up and running with games. And some just there for display or sale.

The organizers (Carlsson is one of them :wink:) have put together a Demo-table where you can try out some classic machines and games. Other than that, there's also other people who will let you try out the machines at their table.

By the way, I'll have some games for the Enterprise 128 for sale. I got some duplicates.
Check out my humble collection of old 'puters an such
http://www.zeela.se
Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

Zeela wrote:There will be some machines up and running with games. And some just there for display or sale.

The organizers (Carlsson is one of them :wink:) have put together a Demo-table where you can try out some classic machines and games. Other than that, there's also other people who will let you try out the machines at their table.

By the way, I'll have some games for the Enterprise 128 for sale. I got some duplicates.
But do people usually take their own machines and play with them or is it more like a show?

You dont happend to have dublicate Enterprise computer also?

8)
Zeela
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by Zeela »

Mikam73 wrote:But do people usually take their own machines and play with them or is it more like a show?

You dont happend to have dublicate Enterprise computer also?

8)
It's more like a show with some sale/trading.

I don't have a duplicate enterprise, but I know someone who has... And he will be atending RetroGathering.

I can check if he will bring one of his Enterprise computers.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Most people unfortunately just mingle around, mainly focused on trading so actual playing games has in the earlier years been held at a minimum. The dedicated gaming tables this year will compensate for this, loading exactly one game per system. For the VIC-20, I chose Omega Race.

There will be some spontaneous playing at the other exhibitors' tables too, but rarely people stop by to play for more than a few minutes. When it comes to buy and sale though, people can be occupied at one table for an half hour, working out a single trade.
Anders Carlsson

Zeela
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by Zeela »

I have now confirmed that at least one boxed enterprise 128 will be present at RetroGathering (and up for sale). He might even bring two! :)
Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

Zeela wrote:I have now confirmed that at least one boxed enterprise 128 will be present at RetroGathering (and up for sale). He might even bring two! :)
Thats nice. Thanks :)

Wonder how expensive it will be :?

I did reserve ship tickets today. 196euros :evil: