Introduce Yourself: What's your User Name based on?

Sticky Threads and Annoucements
bokvamme
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by bokvamme »

I probably have the most boring nick ever as it's my name: Bo Kvamme.:-)
formater
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by formater »

When I bought my first PC and installed the Windows, I discovered that the installation of the system are very dirty, if you desintall some aplication, the systen is plenty of garbage of the desintalled aplication, solution FORMAT and reinstall all the system
Sdw
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Sdw »

Hi all!

I am a very recent VIC-20 owner, I actually got my first VIC-20 just 11 days ago! But I have a long (20+) years background in computers, got my first computer (a C64) back when I was twelve. Back then we used to say when a game had crappy graphics "It looks like VIC-20 graphics! Haha!".
Well, I will try to redeem myself now! :D

I am interested in programming, mainly coding demos, but also some games now and then. I have recently released my first attempt at VIC-20 coding, a little 126 byte demo (http://sdw.webhop.net/prods.html?prodid=50)

You can check out my stuff for other platforms from the link below in my signature.

My nick is short for 'ShaDoW' (can't remember why I took it, just thought Shadow sounded cool back when I was a kid! :D)

btw. I see that carlsson (who I recognize from a Swedish board) is here. Should have figured a VIC-20 freak like him would be here!
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Welcome! You will spot a few other regulars too, like Zeela, Stonan, Boray, perhaps Luzur, Bacon etc.

Edit: Your small demos take quite a lot of time to start. I doubt they'll uncrunch much, but perhaps you're setting up some data or wait for raster timing?

Aha, a Basic loop to generate a 256 byte sine table.. no wonder it took a while.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Sdw
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Sdw »

Thanks carlsson!

Yeah, the BASIC sine-gen takes quite a while. It should be possible to speed it up quite a bit by coding the sine-gen in assembler and call the kernal-routines for sine-calc directly (similar to this c64 routine), but I am not familiar enough with FAC and whatever it is called to do that. Don't know if it would be compact enough to fit in the 128 byte limit either.
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

Welcome, Sdw.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
mostlyharmless
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by mostlyharmless »

mostlyharmless: How Earth is decribed in the revised Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy. (First entry was Harmless.) :wink:

Seemed apropriate.

On collecting, I collect almost everything in old computers an videogames. It started a few years ago when I found a boxed Sinclair QL on a fleemarket. Since then I'm stuck.

I try to focus on the Vectrex system, but it doesn't work well... :wink:

Most of my systems can be viewed here : http://www.old-computers.com/club/colle ... asp?c=3178
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Welcome, mostlyharmless. So how did you get your VIC-1001?
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
Luzur
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by Luzur »

Welcome!
You will spot a few other regulars too, like Zeela, Stonan, Boray, perhaps Luzur, Bacon etc.
what do you mean by that? :evil: :wink:
"Are you keeping up with Commodore? cuz Commodore is keeping up with you!" ;)

gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

Am I the only one who wonders why so many Denial members (particularly active ones) are from Canada and Sweden? Was it something about cold winter nights that led to extended VIC-20 usage?
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Or that Swedes and Canadians are particularly retarded and stuck in our 1980's? :twisted:

Btw welcome mostlyharmless, another guy I know from before who have even visited my home and marvelled (?!) at the pile of PET junk in the living room.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
pitcalco
just pitcalco

Post by pitcalco »

Perhaps the people in both countries are consciencious recyclers...yeah, that's it. :wink:
There are only three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.

Paul Lambert
Berlin
Federal Republic of Germany
Zeela
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by Zeela »

So, mostlyharmless has found his way here too! Welcome!
Check out my humble collection of old 'puters an such
http://www.zeela.se
Spirantho
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by Spirantho »

Hi everybody.

Just came here to say "Hi".

"Hi".

That done, and to keep on-topic - my nick comes from one of the many many games of Lords of Chaos I had with a friend when I was but a wee teenager. Had to think of a different name every time but this one was better than most.

It has the advantage that because it's entirely artifical, I know that any mention of it refers to me, and no-one else. This makes the fact that there are 2,650 hits[1] on Google somewhat worrying.

[1] 2,651 now, when Google sees this post, probably....
--
Ian Gledhill
ian.gledhill@btinternit.com except it's a nEt not a nIt
www.mutant-caterpillar.co.uk/shop/ for repairs and hardware/software
6502dude
megacart

Post by 6502dude »

Spirantho wrote:Hi everybody.

Just came here to say "Hi".
Welcome to Denial forum!
It has the advantage that because it's entirely artifical, I know that any mention of it refers to me, and no-one else. This makes the fact that there are 2,650 hits[1] on Google somewhat worrying.
http://books.google.ca/books?id=xwo-AAA ... tho&pgis=1

http://books.google.ca/books?id=kZrx4q3 ... t#PPA27,M1

http://www.ecologie.gouv.fr/IMG/natura2 ... 3/3170.pdf

:?:
Image Mega-Cart: the ultimate cartridge for your Commodore Vic-20