Frogger games

History and Preservation Issues

Moderator: Moderators

flicky
Vic 20 Newbie

Frogger games

Post by flicky »

Hi everyone

I recently acquired the cartridge Princess & Frog, a very nice Frogger clone. I was wondering if anyone could recommend any other good Frogger games for the Vic?

It's the first Romox game I've ever owned (for any system) and I was a little surprised that it had a colour label showing a screenshot. I had always thought that Romox cartridges could be erased, and a new game burnt onto them. If this was the case, why go to the trouble of producing a glossy colour label showing a game that could be replaced if the customer didn't like it?

Incidentally, I think this must be the rarest Vic 20 item I own - it's rated 9/10 for rarity by the Digital Press Guide. Oh, and it was still in its box :)

Cheers
Jon
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Sorry to tell you Jon, but it's about to get downgraded ;)

Yeah, it's probably gonna be an 8 I think... there's been a few available about I've seen, more so than any other currently rated 9. See my post in the General forum about tweaking some of the DP values.

Romox may have made the whole EPROM rewritable carts, but there are a number of dedicated releaases out there. PatF seems to be the most common for the Vic20 from them (indeed I've only ever seen one other title from them).
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Road Toad by Tom Griner IIRC, is a pretty ok Frogger game? Frogger itself was possibly a let-down, just like other Parker Bros licensed titles released in 1983 (see "Q*Bert", my favorite hate object - not the game, but the VIC-20 implementation).

The "Game of the week" topic unfortunately hasn't been touched in a while, but this kind of stuff; locating all games of a genre and compare them is something I'm planning to do sometime in the future. Not neccessarily Frogger though.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image