Discuss anything related to the VIC
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Ehi, Mr. Lego, too many function keys... :lol:
Victragic
Frogger '07

Post by Victragic »

I think the changes may have attracted some more traffic to this site, is that correct Jeff?

Earlier, there were 15 users online at the same time as me - yet I was the only registered user :(

It doesn't feel safe walking down the alleys of Denial with so many *lurking* in the shadows.... :)

-G
3^4 is 81.0000001
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I've made some changes to the links page. It is far from complete, but let me know if you can see any obvious errors or think of anything I've missed.

I also updated the other HTML pages too. My HTML skills are awful, so deal with it. :lol:
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

If I can allow myself to request one very important and useful change, its the ability to post images.

Maybe I shouldn't compare but, Amiga.org is very nice for precisely that. The ability for members to post images for everyone to see.

Of course, they're not posted immediately, somebody has to take a look to approve before they are made available to the public and there are size/resolution limits.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

If you mean post images in the forum, you can do that by uploading the image to the WIKI.
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

Jeff-20 wrote:If you mean post images in the forum, you can do that by uploading the image to the WIKI.
Actually, what I mean is for every member to have a photo album of his own.

Uploading images to the WiKi, I believe, is rather impractical as I feel it is rather innapropriate to post every image in the WiKi. For example, I would like to show people what my electronics lab looks like but I am convinced the WiKi is not a place where people would like to see that.

Amiga.org allows for every member to have his/her own photo album.

Members are then free to post links to these pictures in the threads of various exchanges in the forum.
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

eslapion wrote:
Jeff-20 wrote:If you mean post images in the forum, you can do that by uploading the image to the WIKI.
Actually, what I mean is for every member to have a photo album of his own.

Uploading images to the WiKi, I believe, is rather impractical as I feel it is rather innapropriate to post every image in the WiKi. For example, I would like to show people what my electronics lab looks like but I am convinced the WiKi is not a place where people would like to see that.

Amiga.org allows for every member to have his/her own photo album.

Members are then free to post links to these pictures in the threads of various exchanges in the forum.
I would gladly host pictures for you on my server, eslapion. However, I do agree with your suggestion. It would probably require an upgrade in the forum software used, and I'm not sure if Vic 20 users are comfortable with "Upgrading." :lol:
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Changed the front page. Still looking for help with the bulletin board upgrade.
Zeela
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by Zeela »

The new front page looks great!

// Z
Check out my humble collection of old 'puters an such
http://www.zeela.se
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Jeff-20 wrote:Changed the front page.
Do you want it at the top like that? If you want it at the center of the page instead, you could put your box inside of this code:

Code: Select all

<table width="100%" height="100%"><tbody valign="middle"><tr><td size="100%">
  <center>

...your white box....

</center>
</td></tr></table>
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

Love the background!
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
pitcalco
just pitcalco

Post by pitcalco »

Sweet! 8)
There are only three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.

Paul Lambert
Berlin
Federal Republic of Germany
ArugulaZ
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by ArugulaZ »

Yeah, the greyscale background is really clever. It definitely brings that distinct VIC-20 look to the web site.
SCREW BEAR
Bear is so startled that he falls off cliff.

http://kiblitzing.blogspot.com/
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Updated again. Fixed a broken link (thanks, pitalco). I couldn't get used to the changes, so I made it a little more similar to the old homepage.

I also added a few things.
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Will the Blackjack and Space Frenzy links be fixed at some point? Also when was Skiing made (for GB20 purposes)?

Like the new look on the frontpage, though it took a shift F5 to see it (silly browser)...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...