Does someone need a VC-1020 expander ?

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

DigitalQuirk wrote:Are these the same ones that were used by the Ontario Board of Education?
Yes, they were used in schools.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

As regarding the slighly off-topic question about US zip codes, when I send something to the USA I get exactly two choices:

USA (whole country)
New York, USA

Whether there is a price difference between sending goods specifically to NY, I don't know. Perhaps it is there for historical purposes. As Pitcalco wrote, usually shipping via the post office is divided in zones: domestic, within the EU, all other countries outside the EU.

However sometimes there are different limits on package size and weight for destinations within the same price zone, e.g. can a package to Germany not be as large as a package to e.g. The Netherlands or pretty much any other destination in the world. I have never figured out why Germany have special limits, but I think it is DHL who operate the post system who ask for more money than post companies in other countries. Instead of giving a higher price to one EU country, the two parts (here Sweden and Germany) have agreed on a deal which imposes size and weight limits but on the other hand doesn't cost more money than sending to other EU countries.

Never mind, back to the original topic now.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image