New Ultra-Portable VIC-20?

Other Computers and Game Systems

Moderator: Moderators

hawk
Vic 20 Afficionado

New Ultra-Portable VIC-20?

Post by hawk »

Never mind the ASUS Eee PC, is the Pandora set to be the new Ultra-Portable VIC-20?

It solves the one problem that I have with my Eee PC (apart from the fact that I let the smoke out of the box. Sad Story) and that's not having a joystick. I've been considering making a wireless joypad so I can play games on it easier. No such problem with the Pandora!
Bacon
for breakfast

Post by Bacon »

Hey Hawk! So you hang out at Eeeuser too? That's a great place for all EeePC users.

The Pandora seems like a great piece of kit. Gear lust kicks in again...
Bacon
-------------------------------------------------------
Das rubbernecken Sichtseeren keepen das cotton-pickenen Hands in die Pockets muss; relaxen und watschen die Blinkenlichten.
hawk
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by hawk »

Yeh, I lurk there mostly. It wasn't 'til I had my latest problem that I needed information that I couldn't get anywhere else. Even then, it doesn't seem like anyone else can answer my question.

My Eee PC is currently in pieces awaiting the arrival of the replacement parts. Then I'll have to test my SMD soldering skills. I didn't expect to void my warranty so soon. :cry:

The Pandora would be a nice little upgrade for my aging GBA. The ability to run emulators on it with a keyboard (even if not complete) is a real boon.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Goodness.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
telengard
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by telengard »

If it's anything like the gp2x, it will be great for handheld emulation. I ported xmess (well some of the system in it) to the gp2x and it did a pretty good job.

Having a keyboard will make it all that much better.

~telengard