My collection of commodores

History and Preservation Issues

Moderator: Moderators

gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

Mirage1972 wrote:Oh well. I'd love to some day have a PET since it was the first computer I ever used, and is what made me fall in love with computing.
Same here. Keep an eye on our local Craigslist. You never know when one will pop up and they're often cheap. If you've got more money than time, there's always eBay. It may suck but it's the fastest way to get one. Good luck on your quest.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
Mirage1972
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by Mirage1972 »

gklinger wrote:
Mirage1972 wrote:Oh well. I'd love to some day have a PET since it was the first computer I ever used, and is what made me fall in love with computing.
Same here. Keep an eye on our local Craigslist. You never know when one will pop up and they're often cheap. If you've got more money than time, there's always eBay. It may suck but it's the fastest way to get one. Good luck on your quest.
Yeah, I should watch Craigslist. If I could find one, then the only problem would be sneaking it in past the wife. It would probably be well worth the effort!
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

Mirage1972 wrote:If I could find one, then the only problem would be sneaking it in past the wife. It would probably be well worth the effort!
Tell her exactly what you told us. If she loves you, she'll understand and help you find a little corner for it. It's important.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
Mirage1972
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by Mirage1972 »

gklinger wrote:
Mirage1972 wrote:If I could find one, then the only problem would be sneaking it in past the wife. It would probably be well worth the effort!
Tell her exactly what you told us. If she loves you, she'll understand and help you find a little corner for it. It's important.
That is so sweet. You are a sweet, sweet man! 8)
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

gklinger wrote:
Golan, you clearly don't understand women, do you?

Don't worry. None of us do. :lol: