Interest Poll in another Retro Party

Discuss anything related to the VIC

Are you interested in another Retro Party and if so what works best?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:04 pm

Saturday November 10th Afternoon until ???
60%
Saturday November 10th 6 or 7pm until wee hours
40%
Sunday November 11th Afternoon
No votes

Total votes: 5

Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

Jeff-20 wrote:
Centallica wrote:They are from: http://www.cgcc.ca/forum/
What an interesting site. Strange. I cannot even find what CGCC stand for on their pages. California Gambling Control Commission? Chinese General Chamber of Commerce?
I believe it's Classic Game Collectors of Canada
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

carlsson wrote:Perhaps it is a good idea to go eBay hunting while on a retro meeting like that. At least a few of your competitors will be busy doing other stuff, and you can monitor so that noone else also sneaks onto the 'Bay.
Ha! You're an evil genius!

P.S. Excellent work on the music for the Megacart. :)
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
jbuonacc
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by jbuonacc »

Golan - is that you on the left or the right? not that it matters, just trying to place a face/body to a name...
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

I'm on the left and 6502dude is on the right.
Sparky
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by Sparky »

Thanks Brian for hosting another great get together and as usual a good bunch of guys, the pizza was awesome (thanks gklinger) with those damn hot peppers, and the Lord or the Rings pinball kicked my ass yet again!!!
I had a great time, even though i fell asleep on the sofa as well then woke and everyone was gone :lol:
6502dude
megacart

Post by 6502dude »

nbla000 wrote:What are Brian "6502dude" and Golan "gklinger" doing with a laptop ?
it wasn't a retro party ? :wink:
The laptop is a MAC. :wink:
Image Mega-Cart: the ultimate cartridge for your Commodore Vic-20
jbuonacc
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by jbuonacc »

Golan - you happen to look quite similar to my friend Jeremy here in Rochester. damn, pizza with (i'm guessing) yellow banana peppers?! that's my favorite. :( then again, the worst pizza i've ever eaten in my life (or at least started to eat :) ) was at the Toronto airport. i really couldn't believe it, how can you get pizza wrong? :)

man, i wish i was closer to you guys - lots of things going on up there all the time. looks like fun! for some reason though, i can't picture the girls being there - looks like the typical sausage party. :)
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

jbuonacc wrote:Golan - you happen to look quite similar to my friend Jeremy here in Rochester. damn, pizza with (i'm guessing) yellow banana peppers?! that's my favorite. :( then again, the worst pizza i've ever eaten in my life (or at least started to eat :) ) was at the Toronto airport. i really couldn't believe it, how can you get pizza wrong? :)

man, i wish i was closer to you guys - lots of things going on up there all the time. looks like fun! for some reason though, i can't picture the girls being there - looks like the typical sausage party. :)
Yes, actually it was peperoni and yellow/red hot peppers for one pizza and peporoni, mushrooms and I think bacon on the other 2 foot long pizzas.

2 1/2 - 3 hours (3 1/2 from Barrie when I go) isn't that bad but your tolls (2 I believe) in the USA enroute are a pain in the a** and would be worth it for WOC man!

Ya, it would of been very horrible have those 2 women around distracting us from our games and making the laminate wood floors slippery to make us spill our beers :lol: :wink:
Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

nbla000 wrote:Hey Schema, which game are you playing on the Mame Cabinet ?
I played quite a few (4,000 to choose from! :shock:) - I think that one was called Tiger Heli.
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

It's hard to go wrong with bacon and hot peppers on a pizza. Look for a similar (albeit larger) pizza order for the World of Commodore 'after party'. That reminds me, I gotta get someone coming up from the U.S.A. to bring me some Cherry Coke. That would make the weekend perfect. :)
Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

Let's not forget...

"ONE HUNDRED MORE!!!!"
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

Schema wrote:Let's not forget...

"ONE HUNDRED MORE!!!!"
I forgot...what's 100 more?

P.S. How was that robo-toy I gave you...lame?
Ian Colquhoun
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by Ian Colquhoun »

Looks like you guys had a great time again. So sorry I missed it, but the 2 parades in the cold had sucked the energy out of me for the day.

Centallica: Glad you had no problem finding a 4th for Iron Maiden! I didn't think you would, who would turn that down? ;)
Realms of Mystery BBS
bbs.pipesup.ca 6400
(currently offline)