VICE 1.15

You need an actual VIC.

Moderator: Moderators

carlsson
Class of '6502

VICE 1.15

Post by carlsson »

It was recently announced that a new version of the VICE emulator set has been released. The VIC-20 news is that the sound engine has been reworked and said to sound much more realistic now (white noise in particular). I haven't had an opportunity to try it yet.

http://www.viceteam.org/

There are some CPU/op-code improvements too, but I'm not sure if it heals any major break.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Xanadu
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Xanadu »

Wow!!! they've fixed some major things!

The annoying "cannot open logging file" message has gone!

They've fixed the border 'bleeding' like when you scroll the main screen at the beginning of games like Choplifter and Shamus! 8)

Well done VICE team, looks like they've picked up on the fact that there is a Vic-20 scene with people very interested in seeing continued development

Bandits is still broken, but Anders said before that this is on their 'to-do' list

If anyone else has found bugs, please post them here and we can then submit them to the VICE team and who knows, we may one day end up with a 100% emulator! :) we're pretty close now I think
ChristopherT
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by ChristopherT »

Xanadu wrote:Wow!!! they've fixed some major things!

If anyone else has found bugs, please post them here and we can then submit them to the VICE team and who knows, we may one day end up with a 100% emulator! :) we're pretty close now I think
I've been a VICE user for a long time, and I do think the newest
version of XVIC is really good. There are some issues with the
latest versions of X64 and X128, but the team is aware of them and
working on them. Hopefully when VICE 1.16 is released all the balls
will drop in the right pockets!

Christopher Tarana
Proud owner of VIC-20 Serial #P1069347, still in
it's original box.