Bird of Prey

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

KilrPilr
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by KilrPilr »

Cant you make your own taps from an audio file? Or at least you could take the audio file, put it back on cassette and then make your own tap. I realize you "prefer" taps but if mayhem cant make you one, what else can he do?
KilrPilr
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by KilrPilr »

Mayhem wrote:Actually looking around here I do have an old SB16 I can stuff in there (it's a 486). However no tape player! Well not one I could connect to the PC at least...

I've been struggling with a cold here for the last couple of days so I haven't gotten around to doing anything more on this yet...
Wouldnt it be nice if someone could make a usb to datasette device? What would be even better is one that could be made from typically available computer parts, easy enough for most unable people to do. One day im sure. :)
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

KilrPilr wrote:I realize you "prefer" taps but if mayhem cant make you one, what else can he do?
Oh I am making TAPs... that's what's in the zip file linked. 1531 connected to the PC using a X1531 cable running MTAP software. Guess I'll make a few more and see what I get...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Yes, and the X1531 cable probably will yield more exact TAPs than an audio sample converted from WAV ever will. If the tape has load errors, pulses may be possible to fix but I'd assume the audio signals already have been converted to pulses as good as possible.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

There are a lot of settings in the software for the X1531 cable you can play with to make better TAPS, though. What is the software? MTAP or somthing. There are adjustments which can help. Try typing MTAP -h or MTAP ? to get a help screen.