Interest Poll in another Retro Party

Discuss anything related to the VIC

Are you interested in another Retro Party and if so what works best?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:04 pm

Saturday November 10th Afternoon until ???
60%
Saturday November 10th 6 or 7pm until wee hours
40%
Sunday November 11th Afternoon
No votes

Total votes: 5

Centallica
Pinballer

Interest Poll in another Retro Party

Post by Centallica »

EDIT: Nov 5/07-List of Confirmed Attendees
Centallica
Sparky
Schema
Guest of Schema
Gklinger
6502dude and the MEGACART
DPCal (Cal from the last party that proudly won the C2N)
DPCAL guests Starsoldier from CGCC and friend Ivan

Total confirmed: 9

I'll be supplying the Somosa's, pepsi, munchies, etc...

NEW ADDRESS...pm me for directions, Schema knows how to get here

Come between 4-7pm

BYOB

Anyone else before I close off the list as we're starting to get high on the numbers???
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So before the snow flys here in Southern Ontario, I'd like to see if there's interest in another Retro Get together in my new place.

Like to see what day/time configuration works best and if there's enough interest again?

The MEGA-CART would be great to see up close and in action there :P

I would like to see other demo's and other items of interest brought over like last time (Craig's Vectrex and 6502dude's retro clock) and prizes I've got a couple of ideas :twisted:

So vote to show your interest and date configuration guys!!

Here are some pics of the new digs I post a while back:

And last Winter's crew that came :D

Last edited by Centallica on Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:34 pm, edited 6 times in total.
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

man, do you ever have a nice setup!
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

Thanks Chris,

It's been many years of wanting a home theatre and if it wasn't for getting above asking for our last place and some crazy ebay bidding war sales on some old books, it still would be waiting :?

As I say everytime..you and Ral Can are always welcome to attend and we have a guest room and kick ass sectional in the home theatre area to crash on.
Sparky
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by Sparky »

man, i only show up when theres talk of a party with hopes of booze and games :P
My vote is Saturday later in the afternoon (like last time) until when ever. Worked out great i thought.

The old Vectrex can still tag along with me again if thats ok plus i picked up a lightpen for it with a cartridge to draw & animate which would be cool to show.
Also for some shits & giggles i would like to bring a few old handhelds like Merlin, Pac-man tabletop and one of the first Atari handhelds called "Touch Me" :oops: (batteries will be included) :D

It was a great bunch of guys last year, so i hope this happens again.
take it ease.

EDIT: Your new place looks great Brian and thanks for offering to have it at your place again :)
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

Thanks Spark-man!

Those hand-helds would indeed be very cool to play with!

Merlin was a fun game I use to have and touch-me....hmm what's it shaped like :lol:
Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

November 10th works perfectly for me. Looking forward to it!

I'm actually looking forward to just visiting and playing games most of all.

vic user and ral-clan, hope you can make it too!
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

Leif- that would be great once agian having you over!

I hope all 4 computers get used (PET, Vic-20, C64 and Amiga 500) with MAME being cranked through the sub-system and Golan showing off his pinball talents again :wink:

I will have the home theatre going with Tilt: The Battle to save pinball (that I haven't seen yet myself) on Pinball 2000 (The first generation mockup prototype of the Pinball 2000 architecture was called Holopin and was using George Gomez (main designer) old Amiga computer to drive the video display.).

Trailer on youtube will show a glimpse for all us techo geeks will love:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JIolBJwH9p0

Plus! One of the prizes will be a sealed copy of this 2 DVD Collector's Edition (mine got lost in the mail system for 2 months and the guy sent me another one and then I received mine a week later, so I contacted him to send it back and he said give it away to a friend). Retail $30US plus shipping :D

Thinking of other prizes too (better than last years quick put together)...
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

I will be in attendance no matter when you hold it because the last one was a blast! We had to drive an hour and a half in blizzard to get there but it was so worth it. Maybe I should bring along an Amiga 1200 so we can get some AGA game action happening? As for pinball, I don't know why I suck so bad. I could punch the flipper buttons randomly and still not hit the ball. It's impressive in a weird sort of way. :?

If anyone needs a ride, let me know.

P.S. This time the pizza is on me.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
Ian Colquhoun
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by Ian Colquhoun »

I have a strange feeling that I've got to play in a Santa Clause parade that day (Nov. 10), but I'll be along as soon as that's finished. The last one was too fun not to participate again!
Realms of Mystery BBS
bbs.pipesup.ca 6400
(currently offline)
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

gklinger wrote:I will be in attendance no matter when you hold it because the last one was a blast! We had to drive an hour and a half in blizzard to get there but it was so worth it. Maybe I should bring along an Amiga 1200 so we can get some AGA game action happening? As for pinball, I don't know why I suck so bad. I could punch the flipper buttons randomly and still not hit the ball. It's impressive in a weird sort of way. :?

If anyone needs a ride, let me know.

P.S. This time the pizza is on me.
I could clear my wife's scrapbooking table to accomodate the 1200 and I'm sure she'd be impressed too but it wouldn't take much :D

Pizza sounds great again and the generous offer is appreciated!! I was thinking of getting a bucket of Somosa's from Samosa King in North York for then too for some tasty variety :D

Car pooling seemed to work great last time except for the amount of stuff you guys brought back I wondered where it fit?

Sparky
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by Sparky »

Centallica wrote:Thanks Spark-man!

Those hand-helds would indeed be very cool to play with!

Merlin was a fun game I use to have and touch-me....hmm what's it shaped like :lol:
here it is…

not the shape you were hoping for was it :lol:
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

Sparky wrote:not the shape you were hoping for was it :lol:
Wonder if it plays like Simon did in a strange way?

Any others interested in attending....lurkers here's your chance to meet some of us so you're welcome to attend :D
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

My brother had that game when we were kids.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

Cool pics 8)
Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

A friend of mine wants to tag along for the day. I can get him there, but I am heading north from Brian's to the cottage, so I won't be able to take him back to Toronto. Would someone be able to spare a seat and take my friend back when the event wraps up?