World of Commodore Toronto, December 1, 2007

Discuss anything related to the VIC
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

World of Commodore Toronto, December 1, 2007

Post by gklinger »

World of Commodore 2007

With ECCC over and Christmas approaching, it's time for the last Commodore event of the year, the World of Commodore! Join us in Toronto where you'll see death defying demos, have opportunities to buy divorce/breakup inducing quantities of Commodore goodies, see old friends and make new ones, get drunk (not officially sanctioned by TPUG), show off your latest Commodore tattoos or even get one if you participate in the previously listed activity and generally have a jolly good time.

The details are sketchy (keep your eye on the website for updates) but the date is firm so circle the 1st on your calendar and be there or be an Apple II user!
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
MacbthPSW
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by MacbthPSW »

Nice plug :) I'll see if I can avoid getting drunk and tattooed.
PaulQ
undead vic

Re: World of Commodore Toronto, December 1, 2007

Post by PaulQ »

gklinger wrote: The details are sketchy (keep your eye on the website for updates) but the date is firm so circle the 1st on your calendar and be there or be an Apple II user!
Or a "Poor slob"... :lol:
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

DigitalQuirk wrote:Or a "Poor slob"... :lol:
Natch.
jcompton
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by jcompton »

As Robin mentioned, I'll be there. Arriving noonish on Friday and flying out Sunday night so I'm also interested in anything people might be getting together pre- or post-show.
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

Want a pickup at the airport? Let me know. I'm also curious if you (or anyone else) has booked their room yet. The motel leaves a lot to be desired and there's a nicer place a block away that charges about $10 more. TPUG is (unofficially) looking into the possibility of making that the accommodation of choice.

I'm also pushing to move the show back to a proper venue because the Church isn't ideal for after-show fun. I'm going to present the board with some options and hopefully they'll see the light. :)
jcompton
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by jcompton »

gklinger wrote:Want a pickup at the airport? Let me know.
That would be delightful. I'll send you my itinerary and see if you're still up for it...
I'm also curious if you (or anyone else) has booked their room yet. The motel leaves a lot to be desired and there's a nicer place a block away that charges about $10 more.
No, I hadn't, because yeah, I wanted to research that question a bit further as the Best Value wasn't really speaking to me. Are you referring to the Stay Inn on the other side of 427? Their website made it sound nicer, at least, although it's not clear if they have rooms with two beds in them for the value-minded show-goer...

If the venue may change, that would be good to know...
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

jcompton wrote: Are you referring to the Stay Inn on the other side of 427?
That's the one. It's so much nicer and if the WoC ends up being held at the Church, that's where I'll be staying and throwing a little party on Saturday night. :)
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

gklinger wrote:opportunities to buy divorce/breakup inducing quantities of Commodore goodies,
On another forum, we just defined that as the Z factor in the equation:

X (things that I sell)
Y (things that I buy)
Z (wife nagging when I get back home)

MONEY(X) - MONEY(Y) >> 0 (hopefully)
IF X-Y <= 0 OR MONEY(X)-MONEY(Y) < 0 THEN Z=1
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

I'll be there! (Not surprising I guess)

Oddly enough, I see less of the WoC than other Expos, since my family and other non-hobby commitments are here. But I'll be there for Friday night and most of Saturday at least.
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

gklinger wrote:
jcompton wrote: Are you referring to the Stay Inn on the other side of 427?
That's the one. It's so much nicer and if the WoC ends up being held at the Church, that's where I'll be staying and throwing a little party on Saturday night. :)
I hear you have some stripper entertainment Commodore style too 8)

Doing the 3 song (no brass pole unextended version:)

Song 1: Remove power cords (slowly) and straddle between legs back and forth (watching that the power supply doesn't bash you in the nads)
Song 2: Remove top of Vic-20 (slowly) to reveal the upper workings. Tease others by bringing the top close to their faces and then pulling away.
Song 3: The bottom comes off and you flip the motherboard from front to back exposing it from all angles.

As long as you don't want your guests to rub mazolla oil on your head, it sounds like a fun night :P
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

To repeat what I had already posted in another thread (but am posting here, since this is the "Official" thread), I will be commuting back and forth to this event from Oshawa. Will try to make Friday night, will definitely be there on Saturday, and will try for Sunday. Am hoping to meet someone else there from the Durham region to share the ride with, and possibly split the driving with.

Carlsson, one thing your equation is missing is the "S" factor: Space. As space approaches or nears zero, the Z factor goes up! :?

EDIT: Centallica, I was with you right up until the point where you started to talk about your nads... :(
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

DigitalQuirk wrote:EDIT: Centallica, I was with you right up until the point where you started to talk about your nads... :(
Those wouldn' be my nads involved (I'd be a guest if I were there) and I was
sort of visualizing this humour taking place WITH clothes on, otherwise this is the wrong kind of party for me :lol:
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

I swear to god Brian, that if someone spent some time gathering all your interesting and titalating (i don't know how to spell it), posts, they could make a book and i am sure it would sell.

either that or you should think about getting a job at 'yuk yuk's' :)
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

Centallica wrote:
DigitalQuirk wrote:EDIT: Centallica, I was with you right up until the point where you started to talk about your nads... :(
Those wouldn' be my nads involved (I'd be a guest if I were there) and I was
sort of visualizing this humour taking place WITH clothes on, otherwise this is the wrong kind of party for me :lol:
Well, you know, I saw "Stripper entertainment," then I got to "Nads," then I realized that 100% of the people there will probably be male, then your text in between those two points painted a rather disturbing image in my mind...I started visualizing this big, hairy guy straddling a Vic 20's power cords between his legs back and forth while he's stripping, being careful not to bash his boys with the power supply... :shock:

I mean, that's okay if some guys want to do that; I was just thinking your post was some kind of a heads up... :wink: