A bunch of new cartridges uncovered for the MEGAcart

Discuss anything related to the VIC
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

eslapion wrote: The purpose of this thread is to try to get information about the 5% that are missing and have been included in the MEGACart.

It is specifically because of NBLA000's great effort that it has become necessary to keep track of the recent evolution in the situation concerning publicly available ROM images.
Now i'm very busy with Mega-Cart Menu and Loader, and NTSC/PAL fix was a "marginal" but hard work, in any case when finished i may post all the material, i'm thinking on my personal Vic-20 Tribute page with all my fix/conversion and original works.
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

I sent Mobile attack, Frogman and Keyquest for posting on Zimmer's.
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

eslapion wrote:I sent Mobile attack, Frogman and Keyquest for posting on Zimmer's.
I wish to send a lot of things to Zimmer but how ?
6502dude
megacart

Post by 6502dude »

nbla000 wrote:
eslapion wrote:I sent Mobile attack, Frogman and Keyquest for posting on Zimmer's.
I wish to send a lot of things to Zimmer but how ?
His email address listed on main page is -- bo at zimmers.net
Image Mega-Cart: the ultimate cartridge for your Commodore Vic-20
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

Be careful when you send him stuff.

Bo has no time to classify stuff.

Don't send him a zip archive with a bunch of files in there that are different in types (such as mixing util with game carts) and tell him in advance where you think it is the best place to put these files.

Give a good description of every files you want him to post.

Otherwise he will just post the archive you gave him as is with no description.

Also note that sending uncompressed .prg files will result in his e-mail virus scanner deleting them.
6502dude
megacart

Post by 6502dude »

eslapion wrote:Be careful when you send him stuff.

Bo has no time to classify stuff.

Don't send him a zip archive with a bunch of files in there that are different in types (such as mixing util with game carts) and tell him in advance where you think it is the best place to put these files.

Give a good description of every files you want him to post.

Otherwise he will just post the archive you gave him as is with no description.

Also note that sending uncompressed .prg files will result in his e-mail virus scanner deleting them.

Okay, since Denial is THE Vic-20 spot on the Internet, why don't we maintain our own file archive of games, documents, manuals, How-To, etc?

In the old days a club would elect a librarian who would maintain physical archive. The same can be done in the virtual world.

I think only with Vic-20 users who keenly interested in this platform will we have continuity and preservation of content for the future.

I'll register a domain name and host content, if there are folks interested in this concept. I do not have time for web page updates though.
Image Mega-Cart: the ultimate cartridge for your Commodore Vic-20
davidv_
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by davidv_ »

I'll register a domain name and host content, if there are folks interested in this concept. I do not have time for web page updates though.
Im scanning and cleaning TONS of Cartridge and Tape Box covers and instructions, making new dumps of carts and taps of games/utils.

My dream would be a wiki like page that everyone could edit and would have an atariage.com like database, but it would require someone VERY fluent in php/web to provide the community. The goal would be that you could NOT use wget and leach all in one go, stealing bandwidth.
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

I kind of imagined the WIKI to have the ROMS available for download when you read about the game. But a database like at AtariAge would be great too. It's excellent.
davidv_
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by davidv_ »

ral-clan wrote:I kind of imagined the WIKI to have the ROMS available for download when you read about the game. But a database like at AtariAge would be great too. It's excellent.
Indeed, also we could add country variations, NTSC/PAL, tapes/carts of the same title. It would be truely great and a nice hobby to fill in the blanks :)