So who's ordered/ordering the KIM-1 Repro Kit?

Other Computers and Game Systems

Moderator: Moderators

Centallica
Pinballer

So who's ordered/ordering the KIM-1 Repro Kit?

Post by Centallica »

Apparently pre-orders are being accepted for a Micro KIM-1 Repro in Kit form for $99 or assembled for $149:
http://www.brielcomputers.com/files/mkrev0.jpg

available through:
http://www.brielcomputers.com/micro-KIM.html

I don't know why I have a wet spot for this thing but these originals go frequently on Ebay for $200+US :shock:

Who's ordered or gonna?
Brian
6502dude
megacart

Post by 6502dude »

This tempting, but I've got too many hobbies and diversions already.
Image Mega-Cart: the ultimate cartridge for your Commodore Vic-20
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

I'm a bit bummed out right now with my dead C16. If I can get that going, then maybe I'll find the motivation to push on with this hobby...
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

I'm a bit bummed out right now with my dead C16. If I can get that going, then maybe I'll find the motivation to push on with this hobby...
Did you mail off the warranty card that was in the box? :lol:

Sorry couldn't resist...get support counselling if required man...trust me I know how dead electronics can drive one over the edge :oops: :evil:

Brian
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

I emailed him about the availability of the boards and got this response:

I have not yet sold out of the first 50, I have about 15 left. Boards just arrived so I'll start putting orders together this weekend. It is going to take about a week to get caught up with orders. A CD is included with assembly instructions in the manual as well as the KIM-1 user manual.

Tempting!
Brian
6502dude
megacart

Post by 6502dude »

Centallica wrote:I emailed him about the availability of the boards and got this response:

I have not yet sold out of the first 50, I have about 15 left. Boards just arrived so I'll start putting orders together this weekend. It is going to take about a week to get caught up with orders. A CD is included with assembly instructions in the manual as well as the KIM-1 user manual.

Tempting!
Brian
Cool!

Are you digging out soldering iron again? :wink:

Watch out for the carpet burns (I have a few) :lol:
Image Mega-Cart: the ultimate cartridge for your Commodore Vic-20
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

It is kind of cool, but a bit too simplistic for my taste. I'd be more interested in the more expensive Replica 1 (or perhaps the competing product A-One). On the other hand, I have enough broken stuff and other things to not buy more items to play with. For example, I have a badly smashed TRS-80 Model III in my livingroom right now, that I hope the shipping insurance will cover in part or full.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image