OK People, Time to Buy your Brian Lyons MEGACART!

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

damnstraight
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by damnstraight »

yes I want one, NTSC Great! :D
I thunk once and it hurt!
Doppleganger
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by Doppleganger »

I loved the prototype at C4... I'll take twelve! Well, actually one. :)
-Jay
Vic-20 User Since 1982'ish.
Doppleganger
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by Doppleganger »

Robert B. wants one too...
-Jay
Vic-20 User Since 1982'ish.
Snogpitch
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Snogpitch »

My VIC-20 is nagging at me, so I must have one.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I would proudly like to point out that I was first in line... :) I'm getting both carts.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
Victragic
Frogger '07

Post by Victragic »

Put me down for a PAL one...

woo hoo!

-G
3^4 is 81.0000001
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

i would like to purchase an NTSC one

if you need a deposit, let me know

thanks!
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

Maybe there is something I didn't catch quite well here but I think it is easy for a piece of software to detect whether is it running on an NTSC or PAL VIC by looking at a few bytes in the kernal.

Why not make a single version of the multicart that runs on both types of VIC by autodetecting?
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

eslapion wrote:Maybe there is something I didn't catch quite well here but I think it is easy for a piece of software to detect whether is it running on an NTSC or PAL VIC by looking at a few bytes in the kernal.

Why not make a single version of the multicart that runs on both types of VIC by autodetecting?
We may reconsider our choice but at the moment we have about 10 blocks free so we cannot put both version of all NTSC/PAL carts, the alternative is to use ram fix from menu routine but we need to complicate the logic of the software/hardware, more, a typical vic user has NTSC or PAL machine and last but not least since the MEGA-CART, "definitive final project name" contain some games never published as cart but important in the Vic scene, i wish to use this space to add other games if 6502dude agree, i may launch a denial member's poll:

Which tape/disk game do you want to see on MEGA-CART ?
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

nbla000 wrote: Which tape/disk game do you want to see on MEGA-CART ?
After careful consideration, the one thing I would love to see on the multicart is the Robotic Liberation demo. Of course, my Vic is NTSC, so it may not work...but still, there ought to be at least one Vic 20 demo.
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Yes, i've thought to a demo like VICI ITERUM MM or VICI ITERUM MMII but they are in multipart disk format so they need to be converted as stand-alone.
In any case Robotic Liberation has a single file version for 16k vics, if is technically possible i may consider to add it.
wizardnj
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by wizardnj »

Put me down for one please :)
6502dude
megacart

Post by 6502dude »

DanSolo wrote:Do you have a "closing date" for this offer? I'm a bit maxed out after recent ebaying but I'd love to gather my forces for a PAL one.
With current hardware & software upgrades being finalized, my best estimate is August time frame for firming up numbers for expression of interest so we can get a firm number on cost for circuit board production (volume will affect discount factor).

Several person hundred hours how now been invested in this version of Mega-Cart hardware and software + image testing to ensure compatibility and provide a very user friendly user interface with numerous options.

While some may be anxious, I would prefer to have a fully tested quality product, versus something that is rushed into production at the last minute.
Image Mega-Cart: the ultimate cartridge for your Commodore Vic-20
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

I have not followed this at all. Can you point me to a summary of the fetures and contents?
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

Hey guys - sorry I haven't replied recently, was on vacation without much email or Web access. Anyway, I would like to get one! Great job Brian et al.