Sports games on the Vic?

History and Preservation Issues

Moderator: Moderators

Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

Its 4am at Finland.. I did just 3th recording.. :twisted:

Uploading to Megaupload. This time I did turn Computer mode switch to Normal.. I have absolutely no idea what that switch does.. I got this tape recorder with ZX Spectrum.. Its just like normal tape recorder, but it has computer mode option.. Anyway its off this time.
Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

http://www.megaupload.com/fi/?d=2S5Q08D0

Here is 3th try.. Its 4:30AM and I go to bed now..

I feed that tape to my St Bernhard if it doesnt work.. :wink:
davidv_
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by davidv_ »

Same thing as y2, sorry.

Im starting to think its soundcard driver/mixer related. (in my line of work i did see those before).

You can check the file in audacity so that it doesnt look like the y2.wav on the snapshot i made.

Sampled Analog audio should form a more even signal, with the bandwidth of old tapes, you would never see spikes of audio, then -00 dB silence, but "signal sitting on a constant noise floor."
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

I'll mention it again... if need be, sling it over to me and I'll get the blooming thing working :)
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
davidv_
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by davidv_ »

also, to get the best chances on your side, make sure you ffrwd to the end, then fully rewind your tapes, (maybe a few times wont hurt),

With my analysis of tape64 source code (im trying to add a manual "fix error mode"), seems the most errors come from peaks not being recorded at the right speed (wow/flutter of tape dont help) so by gently tightening the tape with that trick might help a lot.

DONT try to tighten the tape by putting your fingers in the holes and and turning with your fingers, that will hurt the coating and metal magnetic particles might not like it.