Retro Event Poll

Discuss anything related to the VIC

Pick a day that you could attend if interested?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:01 pm

Saturday January 27th
No votes
Sunday January 28th
No votes
Saturday February 3rd
100%
Sunday February 4th
No votes

Total votes: 5

Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

vic user wrote:frack me!
That's what his underage BabySitter said :D

Brian
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

DigitalQuirk wrote:Sorry, guys. Weekend is really screwed up. I'm laid off this week, so I have all the time in the world through the week, but my weekend is a disaster. I really wish I could come. I will commit to TPUG this month, so I hope to meet many of you there...and with any luck, I'll get my retro basement finished and will host the next one.

Do take plenty of pictures to share and make me insanely jealous that I couldn't make it, though. :cry:
Too bad man you can't make it :cry:

I do resumes on the side and have good rates if you need one for the jobsearch :D

Brian
6502dude
megacart

Post by 6502dude »

Count me in as an attendee :D

I'll bring along my "retro clock" for mood.
Image Mega-Cart: the ultimate cartridge for your Commodore Vic-20
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

No need for anyone to jump to conclusions...it's a temporary layoff since it's slow this time of year, and I'm enjoying every minute of this fleeting free time. I get to spend some guilt-free time with the Vic. I only wish that Datasette could arrive; programming in the emulator just isn't the same.
Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

6502dude wrote:Count me in as an attendee :D

Are you going straight there or carpooling with the others at my place? Though my place is a long way from Mississauga, you'd be 3/4 of the way to Barrie if you just went straight there instead :wink:
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

Schema wrote:
6502dude wrote:Count me in as an attendee :D

Are you going straight there or carpooling with the others at my place? Though my place is a long way from Mississauga, you'd be 3/4 of the way to Barrie if you just went straight there instead :wink:
It's gonna be great this year, I've got 9 confirmed (including myself) and another 3 on a last minute decision basis :D

Brian
6502dude
megacart

Post by 6502dude »

Schema wrote:Are you going straight there or carpooling with the others at my place? Though my place is a long way from Mississauga, you'd be 3/4 of the way to Barrie if you just went straight there instead :wink:
I was thinking of joining the carpool "convoy" at your place and grabbing a lift with Golan.

It is 24.3 miles from me to you (per Mapquest), of which 8.7 miles is from the 400 to you.

I don't have coordinates in Barrie yet, but my guess is that trip is about 50 miles up the 400.

Maybe there's a shorter way from me to Barrie?
Image Mega-Cart: the ultimate cartridge for your Commodore Vic-20
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

(sigh) I guess I'll just watch the Superbowl (american football championship game) this weekend... my city's team is playing... have fun.
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

6502dude wrote:
Schema wrote:Are you going straight there or carpooling with the others at my place? Though my place is a long way from Mississauga, you'd be 3/4 of the way to Barrie if you just went straight there instead :wink:
I was thinking of joining the carpool "convoy" at your place and grabbing a lift with Golan.

It is 24.3 miles from me to you (per Mapquest), of which 8.7 miles is from the 400 to you.

I don't have coordinates in Barrie yet, but my guess is that trip is about 50 miles up the 400.

Maybe there's a shorter way from me to Barrie?
Pm'd directions...who's helping with crowd control :lol:
Brian
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

Centallica wrote:Golan don't forget the newspaper :wink:
No worries. It's packed in my notebook bag already.

Brian: You're coming from Mississauga? (I thought you were in the east for some reason.) Maybe you should you link up with Ian for the trip to Leif's? I suggested meeting at Leif's because it's relatively straightfoward to get from his place to the 400 and that's the only quick way to get to Barrie. Anyway, what time are we meeting at Leif's? It will take about an hour to get to Barrie so we could should probably meet around 4pm...
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
Ian Colquhoun
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by Ian Colquhoun »

gklinger wrote:Brian: You're coming from Mississauga? (I thought you were in the east for some reason.) Maybe you should you link up with Ian for the trip to Leif's?
Thanks Golan, we'd already been Pm'ing about that. I offered. :) Looks like we're all meeting up at Leif's though. 4pm is good for me.
Realms of Mystery BBS
bbs.pipesup.ca 6400
(currently offline)
Sparky
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by Sparky »

looking forward to meeting everyone and good to hear dpcal is stopping by, good guy.
I just bought my beer and have the vectrex all warmed up and its ready for some action :D will see you guys tomorrow…
Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

Excellent! I'm fairly sure you've all been here...if you need any clarification on where I live, PM me quickly. See you all around 4 tomorrow.
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

4pm it is. See you lads there.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Hey! Are you guys hanging out yet? If so, be sure to test play 2 player pong! It's a great opportunity to "focus group" some of the two player titles as well as the programs from this forum... :D