Good price for a Datasette?

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

PaulQ
undead vic

Good price for a Datasette?

Post by PaulQ »

Just curious, how much do the newer Datasettes typically sell for, on average?
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I'd pay up to $10us for a newer one.
Alan
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Alan »

$2 from C.C.C.C.
Not sure if they include box, but they include the manual.
Alan
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

Alan wrote:$2 from C.C.C.C.
Not sure if they include box, but they include the manual.
Good price, but when you calculate shipping from the US to Canada, it ups things quite a bit.
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

I would be shocked if TPUG didn't have any for sale. I can ask, if you're interested.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

Actually, I don't think we do - last time I was in the famous storage locker (over a year ago), there was a single Datasette left and it was bundled with a VIC20 to make it a complete "system".

The complete inventory (reasonably up to date, too) is listed on the TPUG website though, under the "Store" link.

http://www.tpug.ca
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

Yes, I went over that list first...no drives listed for sale at all; the drives are all bundled with systems. I was contemplating the C64 system for $50, but decided I wanted to "Rescue" the unwanted first, which is how I ended up with a 1702 and a Vic 20.

However, if anyone happens to have a C2N, preferrably the low profile model, in need of a good home in the Toronto/Durham area, do let me know, please.
Centallica
Pinballer

Re: Good price for a Datasette?

Post by Centallica »

DigitalQuirk wrote:Just curious, how much do the newer Datasettes typically sell for, on average?
If you come to my retro event, I'll make sure you have one in each arm leaving for free :wink:

My family lives in Ajax and it's 1 hour 10 minutes from my place to theirs fyi
:wink:

Brian
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

I'm in Oshawa, and I'd really love to make it. Unfortunately, being the family man that I am, my weekends are pretty much committed, except for the couple of hours Saturday morning I take out to take my son to the flea market where he trades games for his Gameboy. I'll work on my wife between now and then and see what I can negotiate with her.

The good news is, I may be able to make it to a TPUG meeting in February (third Thursday, right?)
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

DigitalQuirk wrote:I'm in Oshawa, and I'd really love to make it. Unfortunately, being the family man that I am, my weekends are pretty much committed, except for the couple of hours Saturday morning I take out to take my son to the flea market where he trades games for his Gameboy. I'll work on my wife between now and then and see what I can negotiate with her.

The good news is, I may be able to make it to a TPUG meeting in February (third Thursday, right?)
Most of us in attendance will be family men too...life is filled with family and career commitments and we easily forget about ourselves and in return it'll affect our energy/happiness that we give back to the one's we love (see what a family man does to me :oops: )

Brian
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

Not that they would ever come out and say it but most women are happy to be rid of their geeky significant others for a few hours now and then. When I said I was going to the TPUG meeting last week I could tell that my girlfriend was pleased. When I got home there were take away containers from the local Indian restaurant, a sink full of dishes and a DVD case from a 'chick flick' near the TV. Evidently geek's night out is girl's night in.

DigitalQuirk: Ask her, you've got nothing to lose and at least a C2N to gain. :)
Last edited by gklinger on Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

My wife and I have worked out a routine where we each get a night "off" from baby duties most weeks - she gets Tuesdays, I get Thursdays (convenient for TPUG meetings!) Nice to have a bit of a break.

She might just show up at the retro event though - she does like pinball in small doses, and Frogger. But if we decree it a "guy's day out" then I'm sure she'll find something else :wink:
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

Schema wrote:My wife and I have worked out a routine where we each get a night "off" from baby duties most weeks - she gets Tuesdays, I get Thursdays (convenient for TPUG meetings!) Nice to have a bit of a break.

She might just show up at the retro event though - she does like pinball in small doses, and Frogger. But if we decree it a "guy's day out" then I'm sure she'll find something else :wink:
Do you think I could go to this retro event ?

I just got a pile of C64s, C64Cs, 1541s and C128s for sale... and a bagful of datasettes...