Retro Event Poll

Discuss anything related to the VIC

Pick a day that you could attend if interested?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:01 pm

Saturday January 27th
No votes
Sunday January 28th
No votes
Saturday February 3rd
100%
Sunday February 4th
No votes

Total votes: 5

PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

Okay...what do I have to do to win the boxed C2N?
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

DigitalQuirk wrote:Okay...what do I have to do to win the boxed C2N?
Attend. I remember Centallica saying, "If you come to my retro event, I'll make sure you have one in each arm leaving for free" and since he's giving one away as a door prize, I bet the other one has your name on it.

I really hope you can make it. It sounds it will be a blast and you'll feel awful the next day when we're all raving about how much fun we had...
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

gklinger wrote:
DigitalQuirk wrote:Okay...what do I have to do to win the boxed C2N?
Attend. I remember Centallica saying, "If you come to my retro event, I'll make sure you have one in each arm leaving for free" and since he's giving one away as a door prize, I bet the other one has your name on it.

I really hope you can make it. It sounds it will be a blast and you'll feel awful the next day when we're all raving about how much fun we had...
Yup, a unboxed 1 or 2 are yours for the visit and manual too :D

A boxed one you might have to sing "I adore my commodore 64" song, get a commodore tattoo or dance with.....

Should be fun trying anyways :D
Brian
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

I could do the tattoo...
Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

Centallica wrote:Leif you got anything in the Mad Scientist Lab brewing
Yeah, as always, but I think I might just play games for a change :P
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

Centallica! Your are a generous man! :shock:

I've not seen that type of 1541 box before.....I have one in a slightly different sleeve box.
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

ral-clan wrote:Centallica! Your are a generous man! :shock:

I've not seen that type of 1541 box before.....I have one in a slightly different sleeve box.
The hobby isn't about having lots of stuff, it's about how you share the stuff :wink:

Wish I had a spare C64 when I picked up the Amiga the other day as the guy who gave me the Amiga wanted a C64 to re-live his youth on...that would of have been great :D (I kept his email and when I do get a extra, I'll drop him a line...)

Almost worth the drive to come for the even now eh :wink:
Brian
MacbthPSW
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by MacbthPSW »

Wish I could make it, but it's a shorter drive to visit Jeff in Chicago!
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

MacbthPSW wrote:Wish I could make it, but it's a shorter drive to visit Jeff in Chicago!
:D :D :D

Ain't that the truth....done the drive here before from T. Bay :roll:

My wife is home there (T. Bay) as we speak...thus the retro party next weekend here :D

Brian
Sparky
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by Sparky »

This is sounding good!!! Brian i thought i would bring along my Vectrex if thats ok :) i have a bunch of games and overlays for it and its some damn good fun. Let me know.

Also looking forward to spending some time on that Lord Of the Rings pin. ( im a pin guy now as well, thanks Brian :lol: just means in more trouble with the wifey these days) and add in that mame machine of yours with the booming speakers plus a few drinkies we got good times!!!! :D
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

Sparky wrote:This is sounding good!!! Brian i thought i would bring along my Vectrex if thats ok :) i have a bunch of games and overlays for it and its some damn good fun. Let me know.

Also looking forward to spending some time on that Lord Of the Rings pin. ( im a pin guy now as well, thanks Brian :lol: just means in more trouble with the wifey these days) and add in that mame machine of yours with the booming speakers plus a few drinkies we got good times!!!! :D
Atari Paddle game kindly donated by Sparky in picture :D

Sure bring the Vectrex machine....man the retro line-up is gonna be good :D

I'll have the C64 DTV hooked up to the TV too by the gameroom:

(1 wall of the gameroom and playfield of my LOTR Pin...so cool 8))
Not shown are my 1965 Williams Pin, Amiga 500 and Atari STf.

Brian
MacbthPSW
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by MacbthPSW »

Very nice! What kind of stuff do you do with your PET? I've been doing a bit of gaming on one of my 4032s lately.
Centallica wrote:Not shown are my 1965 Williams Pin, Amiga 500 and Atari STf.
Cool, this clearly calls for a few more pics :)
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

Centallica wrote:Ok, took a pic of some of my "extras" that I'm going to give away as prizes.

Maybe some more yet to come and if anyone got anything to add feel free to bring it (let me know ahead of time so I can figure out what types of activities the prizes will be awarded for) :D
Hey Brian, would you like to have LOT more more stuff to give away as prizes ?

How about 2 1084 monitors, 10 1541 drives, 5 C64s, 5 C64Cs, 4 C128, one VIC-20 with datasette and 5 Amiga 500s ?

I must get rid of all this in a hurry... and I have no time to test them all but I am quite sure most of it all works just fine.
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

Yikes! That's a lot of stuff, eslapion. How would you get it from Montreal to Barrie? Unless you're planning on coming which would be quite cool!
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

gklinger wrote:Yikes! That's a lot of stuff, eslapion. How would you get it from Montreal to Barrie? Unless you're planning on coming which would be quite cool!
I would really like to. Now let me look at that map... now is that an 8 or a 10 hour drive?

Okay, I can go if I get a decent place to sleep for free and somebody pays for the fuel...