e-bay madness

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

PaulQ
undead vic

e-bay madness

Post by PaulQ »

Am I out of touch with the current value of the PET, or did this auction get just a little out of control?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Commodore-CBM-PET-3 ... dZViewItem
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

That is a bit nuts. I sold a PET about three years ago on Ebay and got $150 US for it. But since then PETs have gotten pretty scarce. There were two or three other PETs being auctioned when I sold mine. Nowadays one comes up only every few months.
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

I was just posting about this phenomenon in another thread. How do these auctions get up to these crazy amounts?
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

It's a 3032 (European model of the 4032) with smaller screen than the (3) 12" 4032's I have. I don't hear/see much about them coming up often. I imagine the Eurpean's know the real deal behind this puppy??

Someday these will get repaired and re-live :D

There will be a working 4032 with dual drive unit retro night 8)
Brian
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

Centallica, your tagline should read,

"Real computers come with prop rods."
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Is that the computer on the Kraftwerk "Computer World" album?

BTW, have you ever seen the "Get Rich on Ebay" late night infomercials by dave espino?
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Hm. I never considered the 3032 to be more rare than any of the other PETs. While I sell my finds ridiculously cheap directly to people I know and trust rather than going through online auctions, I would not think a PET like that has a value much above £100. I guess if I dared the risks of eBay, I might be a rich man. At least as long as the computers don't break physically and electronically during shipping. :-/
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

By the way, do NOT buy anything on ebay without a picture. No matter how small. I thought I'd be safe to buy a pair of SNES extension cables. They seller sent me sega dreamcast extension cables. Is the seller at fault for being ignorant of videogames, or am I for trusting his description without a picture? :(