My set-up:

Discuss anything related to the VIC
PaulQ
undead vic

My set-up:

Post by PaulQ »

Using my home-made composite cable to connect my Vic 20 to my 1702 monitor; all 8 cartridges stacked beside it:

I'll have to get a clearer shot later; after I swap out that real lousy keyboard and after I add a datasette drive.
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

Looks good. A very white VIC you have. Nice to see another VIC back up and running (and being cared for).

PS: if you disassemble the keyboard, you can pop out the pegs of the broken keys from behind and even install new ones from another keyboard. A lot of tiny screws to remove, though.

There are at least six VIC users between Ottawa and Thunder Bay now.
Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

ral-clan wrote:There are at least six VIC users between Ottawa and Thunder Bay now.
Jeff was going to set up a Frappr page or something where we could all pin our locations on a map, did that ever happen?
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

I just installed the keyboard from my old C-64. I think the C-64 isn't working right, so it's a parts machine anyway. The only annoying thing about it is the fact that I have to really hit the return key hard to make it register. Also, it doesn't look original. Perhaps I'll disassemble it and swap over the function keys while giving it a good cleaning.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Yes, cleaning the contact surfaces can make wonders!
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

Here's a much better shot of my setup, with the C64 keyboard installed:

Not sure if I like how it looks, though it certainly looks better than the busted keys. I'll clean those contacts after I source some more hardware (ie; datasette drive, memory expander). Looks like a lot of screws will need to come out!
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

It doesn't look too bad. Actually, the last VICs produced had that "rainbow" sticker and the C64 coloured function keys. So what you have is valid for one type of original VIC-20.