Akihabara

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Akihabara

Post by Jeff-20 »

Schema, are you logging in from Japan? If so, whenever you do, post here and let us know what the weather is like in video game heaven. :)
Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

Hey - I'm back in Canada again. Surprisingly, I found it very difficult to find Internet "cafes" in Japan. Many eating establishments had Wifi, but no computers. Fortunately, one of the ryokan (Japanese Inn) we stayed in had a computer in the lobby so I could at least do a quick email check.

Akihabara was amazing, as was its twin (Den-Den Town) in Osaka. I didn't find a VIC-1001, but I did find a Commodore MAX. Unfortunately, Air Canada lost all my luggage, along with that of a hundred other people on the same flight! So I have my fingers crossed that it will be recovered (not to mention my clothes!)

I can't even post pictures yet, as they are on a spare flash card in my bags :evil:

Once I get settled I'll post a more detailed thread about the trip.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

:shock:
idrougge
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by idrougge »

Schema wrote:Hey - I'm back in Canada again. Surprisingly, I found it very difficult to find Internet "cafes" in Japan. Many eating establishments had Wifi, but no computers. Fortunately, one of the ryokan (Japanese Inn) we stayed in had a computer in the lobby so I could at least do a quick email check.
That's funny. You must have missed them, since they're absolutely everywhere. They're seldom at ground level, though, and usually masquerade as comic cafés.
C128, C128D, C64, C64C, ABC80, ABC800, ABC806, 130XE, ZX81, Spectrum 48k, Dragon 32, TI99/4A, Laser 200, Spectravideo 328, Sord M5, VIC20...
Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

Luggage has been found and returned! :D

idrougge - that's what we thought, which is what made it all the more frustrating. Still, there are worse things to happen than two weeks without Internet access.