VIC-20+8k puzzler

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

thegg
Vic 20 Amateur

VIC-20+8k puzzler

Post by thegg »

Train Track by thegg

I know I said I wouldn't be doing any more puzzle games, but I got bogged down in my main project and needed a bit of a break. So here is a computer version of the pen and paper puzzle Train Tracks. The object of the game is to find a train track that connects two points in a rectangular grid whilst satisfying certain rules. Instructions are provided along with NTSC and PAL versions of the game in the attached zip archive.

As usual, the game has been developed using VICE so I would appreciate any feedback from people lucky enough to have the real hardware.
screenshot.png
VIC train tracks.zip
(10.78 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
Rich
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Re: VIC-20+8k puzzler

Post by Rich »

Thank you for the time to make a game for the Vic20, Its great that games are still being made for this great computer.
chysn
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by chysn »

It's a neat game. Definitely challenging!
VIC-20 Projects: wAx Assembler, TRBo: Turtle RescueBot, Helix Colony, Sub Med, Trolley Problem, Dungeon of Dance, ZEPTOPOLIS, MIDI KERNAL, The Archivist, Ed for Prophet-5

WIP: MIDIcast BASIC extension

he/him/his
Ola H
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by Ola H »

This was entirely new for me. I have never encountered the pen-and-paper version and found even the "easy level" very tricky. Then I realized that I interpreted the corners the wrong way :mrgreen: Pretty sloppy of me as the title screen makes it perfectly clear how to read the graphics.

It still not easy, but a very satisfying challenge! Nice touch with the train-arriving graphics too. All in all a very classy puzzle game - thank you :D
thegg
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by thegg »

Thanks for the comments. Very much appreciated.