Amidar game

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

Falkon215
Vic 20 Drifter

Amidar game

Post by Falkon215 »

Ok is there a download for the Game Amidar can't seem to find a version for Vic20.I know there is version for The Vic20.
orion70
VICtalian

Re: Amidar game

Post by orion70 »

Download here. Works with full RAM only. Use HJUN to control, F1 to start.
Falkon215
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Falkon215 »

Thanks for the link :D Outstanding!
Wayne / Art Ravers
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Wayne / Art Ravers »

LOVELY, LOVELY Game, and I don't want to sound ungrateful but... Is there a Joystick Version of this - Keyboard Play is WELL HARD !!!
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Nope, it's quite a strange game, no joystick control and needs full RAM to play it. I couldn't even get the Zimmer's repository file to run in any memory configuration TBH, only the one from the Italian site seems to be OK.

I you want a joystick-controlled Amidar clone, try Llamasoft's Traxx (this time, a regular +8K game), which is maybe better - even if it doesn't fill the boxes with a different color, and seems to have slightly different mechanics. See also https://llamasoftarchive.org/8bitgames/traxx/
Wayne / Art Ravers
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Wayne / Art Ravers »

orion70 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:19 pm Nope, it's quite a strange game, no joystick control and needs full RAM to play it. I couldn't even get the Zimmer's repository file to run in any memory configuration TBH, only the one from the Italian site seems to be OK.

I you want a joystick-controlled Amidar clone, try Llamasoft's Traxx (this time, a regular +8K game), which is maybe better - even if it doesn't fill the boxes with a different color, and seems to have slightly different mechanics. See also https://llamasoftarchive.org/8bitgames/traxx/
Orion coming to the rescue again - Nice ! TBH I do have TRAXX by Jeff - Am a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE Fan of his work, I own Several Sytems with different Games on because of him - Main reason for getting my JAGUAR was because of TEMPEST 2000 and AVP ! First Game I ever Downloaded on my XBOX360 - SPACE GIRAFFE ! So yeah, MAJOR OBSESSIVE FAN - I'm such a fan, I'm surprised I don't walk round with a Llama Costume to be honest - LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: ! Now I want to go play TRAXX !! :)
Thanks for the help !