** Revision 2023 Invitation / Website

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Mike
Herr VC

** Revision 2023 Invitation / Website

Post by Mike »

From April 7th to 10th 2023, and after a three year 'hiatus' of being only an online event, Revision, the world's biggest pure Demoscene event, reopens its doors at the E-Werk in Saarbrücken, Germany!

Since 2011, each year there were attending around 800 visitors from more than 30 countries. Main language is English, with people coming from Europe, overseas, and all over the world.

The party website is fully online now, so you can get a first impression of what to expect. For the time being, those are some links to threads in Denial about the last on-site Revision parties in 2019, 2018 and 2017 (see here and here).

The party features several competition categories, of which some are also eligible for VIC-20 releases. The productions will be shown on a BIG screen, and are supported by a heavy sound system. :)

Between the competitions, enough opportunities to learn new things in seminars, eat, drink, party, socialize and make new friends. And yes, there will be a bonfire! :mrgreen:

The group Spaceballs already released an official invitation intro, "For real", for Amiga AGA. Here's the YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f66_jlFDWEc.

At the time I write this, 358 people already have signed up. Tokra and me will also be there. If you're planning to show up at the place, register as visitor on the website and drop a short notice here, too! :D

Cheers,

Michael
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Re: ** Revision 2023 Invitation / Website

Post by Jeff-20 »

Someday, I'm going to travel to one of these events. I can never travel during these months. Is Winter just the best time for pricing the venue?
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
groepaz
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by groepaz »

The easter weekend is a convenient date because all german workers have public holiday from friday to monday (same in other european countries i think)
I'm just a Software Guy who has no Idea how the Hardware works. Don't listen to me.
bjonte
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by bjonte »

What are the competition categories and are remote entries accepted?
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

bjonte wrote:What are the competition categories [...]
The categories have not yet been fixed for this year, but last year's list should give a good overview and this year's list will likely be very similar. VIC-20 releases usually go into the Oldskool compos, provided they run on stock hardware and common hardware extensions. If an entry requires uncommon hardware, there's always the Wild compo it could enter.
[...] and are remote entries accepted?
Revision allowed for those in the last 3 years, but before then, you (or at least one person of a collaborative effort) had to be present at the party to enter a production into a competition. Which policy will be adopted for the future remains to be seen.

The Satellite concept will be continued, people at the Satellites will be allowed to vote for the compos shown in Saarbrücken and the Satellites are also encouraged to hold their own compos (with transmission to the screen in Saarbrücken).
groepaz
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by groepaz »

I very much doubt it will allow remote entries :) Especially this year the compos are probably flooded with releases :)
I'm just a Software Guy who has no Idea how the Hardware works. Don't listen to me.
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

The party website has now added Travel & Accommodation info.
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

As a final roundup:

from the "Who's here" page on Partynet, Revision 2023 had 972 official participants (i.e. people who paid for a ticket in whatever form), of whom 178 people were remote attendees (i.e. off-site and not organized in a satellite event), 89 people were satellite attendees (i.e. still off-site) and 705 people were on site in Saarbrücken at least for one day.

Likely, all people with remote or satellite tickets handed in at least one competition entry. Otherwise, the whole event was free to watch online (Satellites were allowed to ask for own entry fees to cover their expenses).

You find some photos of the event in the thread "Happy Easter Greetings from Revision 2023!".