JiffyDOS for the VIC-20 is on sale!

Discuss anything related to the VIC
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

MacbthPSW wrote:This isn't true - right in this very thread you can read that I ordered JiffyDOS for the VIC-20 in February, and received it within a couple weeks.

And in January 2005 I also placed an order for JiffyDOS for my SX-64, and I received it in about 8 weeks. You can read about that here: http://www.lemon64.com/forum/viewtopic. ... t=jiffydos

I've bought something from Maurice probably every year since 1996 and he's never let me down. It seems prudent to not send him the money ahead of time - in February he phoned me when the order was ready, and I gave him my credit card information then, and he charged and shipped the same day.

I'm not disputing other people's experiences, but I'm also going to share mine.
And it is very important that you do. If Maurice gives good service then people ought to know about it. I am certainly happy to hear that.
Schlowski
NoMess!

Post by Schlowski »

I agree, Maurice is doing a good job, only a little bit slow, so to say :-)
But at least I got my order and it couldn't be so bad as I already ordered some new things - and you can of course order without prepaying, which is definately important for this long-period delivery times. But hey, what's another year of waiting redarding that my VIC is more than 20 years old ;-)

All in all I agree that it is important to prepare people to have a long wait, otherwise a lot of anger and not-so-nice discussions will start.

Björg
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Other web shops make a notice if they're on vacation or otherwise have slow turn-around. Maybe Maurice could add a disclaimer, if he already doesn't have one, that from time to time the order can take very long time to process.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

Well, Maurice does have a "### month wait" notice before most of the items in his store.

It's not so much the wait, it's the fact that during these spells he disappears completely - won't reply to email, no postings on his own board or comp.sys.cbm, no indication of what's up.

In my case, I was in daily contact with him during the JiffyDOS VIC tests, and when the tests were done he said he'd send me a new one with bugfixes right away. (I ordered my SX64 set at the same time so he could ship them together.)

And then poof, whatever happens to him happened and I haven't heard from him since.
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

I called him on his ordinary phone line... I paid the long distance but hey, it was worth it.

Maybe you should do that.
syntaxerror64
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by syntaxerror64 »

Schema wrote:It's not so much the wait, it's the fact that during these spells he disappears completely - won't reply to email, no postings on his own board or comp.sys.cbm, no indication of what's up.
I had the exact same problem. Earlier in the year I ordered JiffyDOS from him and he was very prompt with emails and sent it right out. About a month later I ordered some more stuff from him and it took about 4 weeks and a phone call to get my stuff. He would not respond to my email and has not responded to any inquiries since.

Not sure what the deal is, but I doubt I'll order anything from him again.