64HDD

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Devlin
Vic 20 Amateur

64HDD

Post by Devlin »

Hi,
I am using a 64HDD cable with my Vic 20.
I am able to write and load programs from my PC HD.
But I cannot list the directory. it says file not found when i type Load"$",10 is there something else that needs to be typed to view the directory using 64hdd?
Schlowski
NoMess!

Post by Schlowski »

Mmh, I'm using 64HDD too and have no problems with the directory...
And I can't remember doing any special switches or such things. Unfortunately I'm not at home for a few days, but if I remember this I will check next time at home.

Björg
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Are you running it on pure dos? (Not under windows)
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
Schlowski
NoMess!

Post by Schlowski »

Good question! I had to get a pure DOS configuration to get it up and running reliable, but I mostly could get a directory but no longer files when using Win98/Win95.
So I got myself FreeDOS and wiped my notebook and installed this as only OS.
And thinking about this for some time now I remember that there was indeed a special switch on the commandline: Don't ask me for the exact name, but it is the switch for the processor speed. I had to play around with this for a while, and the final setting had nothing to do with my real processor, as far as I remember.
Sorry for beeing such inaccurate, but when I start 64HDD I only start a batch which cares about all this so I completely forgot about that...

Björg
Alan
Vic 20 Devotee

Re: 64HDD

Post by Alan »

Devlin wrote:Hi,
I am using a 64HDD cable with my Vic 20.
I am able to write and load programs from my PC HD.
But I cannot list the directory. it says file not found when i type Load"$",10 is there something else that needs to be typed to view the directory using 64hdd?
You may need to start 64hdd with the -vic setting to set 64HDD for VIC-20 timing.

I've been using 64HDD with my VIC setup for a while with no problems, though I did need to tweak the CPU speed settings to get it to work reliably.
Alan
Devlin
Vic 20 Amateur

Got it!

Post by Devlin »

Figured it out.
Thanks
Alan
Vic 20 Devotee

Re: Got it!

Post by Alan »

Devlin wrote:Figured it out.