Any German and English speakers? - I've translated a game

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

necronom
Vic 20 Dabbler

Any German and English speakers? - I've translated a game

Post by necronom »

I'm trying out Thriller from 1984. It's in German and I though it would be good to have an English version.

If anyone can ready German and English, could you have a quick look at these screens and see if the translation is okay? I had to add extra words and re-write parts as I used a Hex editor to do it, so I couldn't move things around much and certain words had to be in certain parts of the screen.

As long as there isn't anything important missing, or I haven't said something wrong, then it should be okay and I'll do a video.

Is there anywhere to send modded games? Should I send it to Mayhem for potential inclusion in a future GameBase, or is there a site someone has done with random modded games? I did an easier (more playable, and bug fixed) version of The Mysterious Island, so that may be interesting to someone, too.
Attachments
Thriller1-4D.png
Thriller5-7D.png
Thriller1-4E.png
Thriller5-7E.png
Mike
Herr VC

Re: Any German and English speakers? - I've translated a game

Post by Mike »

In the second half of the manual - if the "Schleuder" is supposed to be picked up as hand weapon, then sling or slingshot is a more appropriate translation, not catapult. Edit: In the last screen, the order of words should be "you then have to". Otherwise I think the translation is in order.
necronom wrote:Is there anywhere to send modded games?
Just put a *.zip file of the game as attachment into the thread here.
necronom
Vic 20 Dabbler

Re: Any German and English speakers? - I've translated a game

Post by necronom »

Thanks, Mike. I've changed that. In England (at least where I live) we always call them Catapults, but I've changed it to slingshot if most people would call it that. Google Translate said slingshot, but I've never called one a slingshot, so did it as catapult.

I've attached the English slingshot version.
Attachments
Thriller English.zip
(6.85 KiB) Downloaded 46 times