International Karate VIC20 [Ultimem] [CANCELLED]

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

orion70
VICtalian

Re: International Karate VIC20 [Ultimem] [CANCELLED]

Post by orion70 »

Ehr, I feel guilty for that stupid joke... Didn't expect such a non sequitur would turn out to be one of the reasons for a valid guy to drop several projects altogether...

I was a fervid admirer of yours in the past, and still am. Sorry for being rude if I ever was, please if you love the VIC reconsider your decision.
Noizer
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Noizer »

majikeyric wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:22 pm I'm fine guys, just no more motivated by VIC20 game projects, for some reasons and also because of the comments I could read here that are real motivation killers for me. That's life, I prefer focusing on making games for the Ultimate 64 turbo mode now...
still loving the VIC of course...... 8)
The main thing is that you are fine. Are there any chances you could publish your abandoned Vic 20 code sources and graphics, as well as those from the other dropped projects Little Fish Big Tail and Sir Ababol DX?
Valid rule today as earlier: 1 Byte = 8 Bits
-._/classes instead of masses\_.-
majikeyric
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by majikeyric »

Noizer wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:57 am Are there any chances you could publish your abandoned Vic 20 code sources and graphics, as well as those from the other dropped projects Little Fish Big Tail and Sir Ababol DX?
nope sorry.
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

majikeyric wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:22 pm I'm fine guys, just no more motivated by VIC20 game projects, for some reasons and also because of the comments I could read here that are real motivation killers for me. That's life, I prefer focusing on making games for the Ultimate 64 turbo mode now...
still loving the VIC of course...... 8)
I certainly hope I didn't post anything that would deter you from such a wonderful project. I, for one, differ with the people who have pushed for your project to require less memory and seem to claim to know better than you how much memory your project should require.

I think you should turn a blind eye to these naysayers. You are the captain of your own project, no one else is. You started it with a clear vision of where it should go and you should not let anyone deter you from your focus on that vision. (That fantastic vision, I must add.)

I don't know if this is a good example or not but there are many projects I have announced over the years and they were sometimes met with such negative response that these announcements turned to pissfights and the threads were closed. Yet these projects saw fruition anyways. Some projects failed and were abandoned, as there are never any guarantee of success in development but that was always because of technical hurdles. Never because of naysayers.

Eric, your creations are wanted. Your visions are priceless.
Be normal.
tonyrocks
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by tonyrocks »

Mike wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:05 am
pixel wrote:I'm rat-arsed. Kakemoms, whatever your reason, please reconsider and move on.
pixel wrote:Yeah, it's a shame. And most probably not for reasons we're into. Private messages also have been blocked. Good luck, Kakemoms.
For what matters, the OP and originator of the IK port is (or was) majikeyric, not Kakemoms. Kakemoms chose to leave the Denial forum some time ago, for other reasons not related to the thread here.
Kakemoms left? Why did I not know this and why did he leave? Sorry for thread hijack.
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

tonyrocks wrote:Kakemoms left? Why did I not know this and why did he leave? [...]
See here. The reasons he used as a pretext are, IMO, only part the story.
beamrider
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by beamrider »

deleted
Last edited by beamrider on Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beamrider
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by beamrider »

deleted
Last edited by beamrider on Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
majikeyric
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by majikeyric »

You are one of the main reasons why I cancelled all my VIC20 projects, take it as you want I don't care.... just read again all your posts here, Good Luck I'm tired....
Last edited by majikeyric on Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beamrider
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by beamrider »

I didn't intend any offence, merely suggesting how you could get more exposure for your game. Obviously my suggestions were not welcome.

I don't want to be the cause of other people loosing out, so I apologise and take back all my comments.
pixel
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by pixel »

Am working for an event ticket online shop. Tell me about hard times.
A man without talent or ambition is most easily pleased. Others set his path and he is content.
https://github.com/SvenMichaelKlose
prowlr
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by prowlr »

Am working for an event ticket online shop. Tell me about hard times.
Unfortunately, I feel your pain. I work(ed) for the biggest ticketing company in my country.

The government banned gatherings in my country and basically made the entire business defunct. Half the company was stood down on the spot, the rest of us given reduced hours to finish off some of the tech projects in the pipeline.
pixel
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by pixel »

prowlr wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:11 pm Unfortunately, I feel your pain. I work(ed) for the biggest ticketing company in my country.

The government banned gatherings in my country and basically made the entire business defunct. Half the company was stood down on the spot, the rest of us given reduced hours to finish off some of the tech projects in the pipeline.
We're selling world-wide but sales dropped to zip at an instant anyhow. Although on short-time and seriously low income our IT department is determined to scare our competitors shitless – if that didn't happen already.
A man without talent or ambition is most easily pleased. Others set his path and he is content.
https://github.com/SvenMichaelKlose