CRT version of FB64?

Other Computers and Game Systems

Moderator: Moderators

Jeff-20
Denial Founder

CRT version of FB64?

Post by Jeff-20 »

Does anyone have a CRT formatted version of FB64 or a similar file browser? I want to put it on my EasyFlash 3.

I've been unable to use the converters (like https://github.com/lvcabral/cart64-maker) because I'm using a chromebook. :cry:
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
eslapion
ultimate expander

Re: CRT version of FB64?

Post by eslapion »

AFAIK, FB64 is too large to be converted using cart64-maker. This specific converter creates .crt images that are limited to 16kB.
Be normal.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

eslapion wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:34 pm AFAIK, FB64 is too large to be converted using cart64-maker. This specific converter creates .crt images that are limited to 16kB.
Thanks for the info. Do you know of any other file browsing options in crt form I could put on the EF3?
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

Jeff-20 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:53 am
eslapion wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:34 pm AFAIK, FB64 is too large to be converted using cart64-maker. This specific converter creates .crt images that are limited to 16kB.
Thanks for the info. Do you know of any other file browsing options in crt form I could put on the EF3?
IIRC, there is a version of Fast Hack'em in .CRT format but I don't think this has all the features you'd want to have.

Wouldn't a Super Snapshot or Final Cartridge .CRT do what you want ?
Be normal.
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

Hi, Jeff,
Jeff-20 wrote:Does anyone have a CRT formatted version of FB64 or a similar file browser? I want to put it on my EasyFlash 3.
There's a (or the?) EasyFlash Tool Collection to be found at CSDb, here:

EasyFlash Tool Collection

One of the included tools is SD2BRWSE, which pretty much should fit your inquiry.

Greetings,

Michal
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Mike wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:32 am Hi, Jeff,
Jeff-20 wrote:Does anyone have a CRT formatted version of FB64 or a similar file browser? I want to put it on my EasyFlash 3.
There's a (or the?) EasyFlash Tool Collection to be found at CSDb, here:

EasyFlash Tool Collection

One of the included tools is SD2BRWSE, which pretty much should fit your inquiry.

Greetings,

Michal
Thank you! That works well.

I also had this one recommended to me on Lemon... https://we.tl/t-ZXJ4PF4Z65

It works well and requires fewer steps to get to the browser, but is it possible for the software to assume drive 8? I still have to access the keyboard to select the drive.
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

FB64 is the C64 version of my CBM-FileBrowser pratically used in all sd2iec firmware based devices while EasyFlash 3 seems a c64 cartridge to store other cartridge with his browser I guess, in which way do you wish to use FB64 with EasyFlash 3?

The only mode that comes in my mind is to select the JiffyDOS kernal and from the C64 prompt just LOAD"FB64",8 + RUN if FB64 is on SD drive, I don't know if EF3 acts as drive too and wich drive # uses but FB64 uses the drive # where is loaded from.
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

nbla000 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:37 am FB64 is the C64 version of my CBM-FileBrowser pratically used in all sd2iec firmware based devices while EasyFlash 3 seems a c64 cartridge to store other cartridge with his browser I guess, in which way do you wish to use FB64 with EasyFlash 3?

The only mode that comes in my mind is to select the JiffyDOS kernal and from the C64 prompt just LOAD"FB64",8 + RUN if FB64 is on SD drive, I don't know if EF3 acts as drive too and wich drive # uses but FB64 uses the drive # where is loaded from.
I was just lazy and wanted to load a game from sd2iec quickly without using the keyboard... :oops: :)