Realms Of Quest V - problems with save slots

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

Falkon215
Vic 20 Drifter

Realms Of Quest V - problems with save slots

Post by Falkon215 »

Been playing ROQV for some reason it will not save my game in any of the slots. Any Idea why? This is version 1.2.

(mod: topic title changed from just "Realms Of Quest V" to "Realm Of Quest V - problems with save slots")
Mike
Herr VC

Re: Realms Of Quest V - problems with save slots

Post by Mike »

Are you playing this in emulation? In this case you should check the file attributes whether the read only attribute is set on the disk image(s) by mistake (or due to extraction from the zip archive).
Falkon215
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Falkon215 »

Playing on my VIC-20,sd card reader booting from full game file.I was wondering if there is a certain save file that needs to be recognized before booting the game.
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

How do you know it won't save your game in any of the slots, what is the indication (flashing light on drive, error message)?
Image Music I've made with 1980s electronics, synths and other retro-instruments: http://theovoids.bandcamp.com
Falkon215
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Falkon215 »

When i reboot the game and try to load saved game goes to the start with none of my characters or saved progress.
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

What happens when you take the same .d64 image file from the SD card in your VIC-20 and try to play and save from VICE?
Image Music I've made with 1980s electronics, synths and other retro-instruments: http://theovoids.bandcamp.com
Ghislain
Realms of Quest

Post by Ghislain »

Falkon215 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:05 am Playing on my VIC-20,sd card reader booting from full game file.I was wondering if there is a certain save file that needs to be recognized before booting the game.
You should make sure that the LOCK tab on your SD card is not enabled. If it is enabled, your attempt to save your game will not work.

I was able to reproduce this issue by enabling the LOCK tab as such.

Since you're using version 1.2 of the game, just PM me your email address and I will email you version 1.4. And I'll also add you to a mailing list where I distribute future updates of the game to.

Thank you for your support!
"A slave is one who waits for someone to come and free him." -- Ezra Pound
Falkon215
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Falkon215 »

im going to check the sd card im using . I bet your right its in the locked position,LOL!
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

Falkon215 wrote:im going to check the sd card im using . I bet your right its in the locked position,LOL!
Note to self: in future, always include the statement "remove write protect on your storage medium before saving" in the troubleshooting guide of an instruction manual.