"smelling the bus activity" [split: FOR SALE: "wireless" JiffyDOS for VIC20 (PAL/NTSC)]

Modding and Technical Issues

Moderator: Moderators

orion70
VICtalian

Re: "smelling the bus activity" [split: FOR SALE: "wireless" JiffyDOS for VIC20 (PAL/NTSC)]

Post by orion70 »

I guess, if I can give my two cents here, that Jim was more talking about the way things were said (well, written), i.e. impolitely, otherwise substantially agreeing with you in the arguments.
eslapion
ultimate expander

Re: "smelling the bus activity" [split: FOR SALE: "wireless" JiffyDOS for VIC20 (PAL/NTSC)]

Post by eslapion »

---
Last edited by eslapion on Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be normal.
groepaz
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by groepaz »

The purpose of these posts was clearly to make me feel isolated, inadequate and powerless. This effectively had the effect of discouraging anyone from collaborating with me.
you certainly are obsessed with the idea that people are working against you somehow. (and i am also convinced that there is a chance not everything was actually wrong, or even the same as in this case.)
I'm just a Software Guy who has no Idea how the Hardware works. Don't listen to me.
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

---
Last edited by eslapion on Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be normal.
groepaz
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by groepaz »

No, not double standards, i just haven given up beating sense into certain people - they can do and think whatever they want. (and obviously you still dont understand wtf my point was regarding eprom plas. and no i am not explaining it yet again. funny enough you are insisting on a similar thing in the opposite way in a different context. no i dont expect you to get what i am referring to.). at least i refrained from personal attacks in public speaches and videos like some other individual thought it was cool to do (and apparently still thinks its the way to go).
Anyways, the point is, it is perfectly possible for a CPLD or other simpler ICs to detect a specific or a series of specific access(es) and trigger events such as firmware swapping, NMI, reset, IRQs and others. Just glad somebody could prove this right.
its common to do this ever since. most freezer carts on the c64 do this. no need to prove anything for anyone. i still think back then the issue was a detail that didnt even come up in this thread yet - and is irrelevant to this thread too. just let it go.
I'm just a Software Guy who has no Idea how the Hardware works. Don't listen to me.
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

---
Last edited by eslapion on Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be normal.
groepaz
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by groepaz »

You tried to prove your point using a logic analyzer output that was taken from a chip purchased from a Chinese supplier
no, i didnt. and no, you obviously still dont get it.

as said, let it go. no use beating the dead horse yet even more.
MCes
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by MCes »

And now a cycle is concluded:
The "switchless" JiffyDOS is developed for VIC20, C16, PLUS4, C64C, C64....
All of them are based on the same concept, they work with similar strategies,
but each of them has different implementation for matching with their specific machines.

The C64 ones (for longboard, normally into a "bredbin") was the less simple to develop,
but also in this case, studying and testing, a simple solution was found for not banal problems.....

See you at the next project! :wink:
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." (Albert Einstein)