Four Gates to Freedom VIC+16K, modified for disk, NTSC

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

oracle_jedi
Vic 20 Amateur

Four Gates to Freedom VIC+16K, modified for disk, NTSC

Post by oracle_jedi »

I couldn't find this title already converted to disk format, so I spent a little time over the Christmas break patching it for disk and for NTSC.

I owned this title BITD. It was one the last games I bought before moving to the 8-bit Atari and abandoning the VIC. It was a title that come in a very large package, similar to the Commodore Ivan Berg titles, and inside were two cassettes.

One cassette was an arcade "action" game. You had to progress through 4 waves of this game to earn clues and unlock the secret code to start the game on the second cassette.

The second cassette contained a text adventure game.

I patched the adventure game to dispense with the secret code, which was ptlsh if anyone cares. But you still need the clues to make any progress, so I have included those in a series of programs on the disk which you can LIST to see the clue, if you don't want to play the action game. Also note the adventure is BASIC and you can list it, so if you get stuck its pretty easy to find out the solutions.

There are two versions of the action game - one for PAL and one for NTSC. The loader figures out which one you need and loads the appropriate code.

Not a great title but still has fond memories for me.

Happy New Year!

Graham
Attachments
Four Gates to Freedom (1983)(Phoenix)[16k].zip
(73.36 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
orion70
VICtalian

Re: Four Gates to Freedom VIC+16K, modified for disk, NTSC

Post by orion70 »

Fantastic gift for the new year! Thanks so much :)
Coldheat007
Vic 20 Newbie

Re: Four Gates to Freedom VIC+16K, modified for disk, NTSC

Post by Coldheat007 »

I just made the FE3 and loaded this one, nice work