C16 64k S-RAM internal expansion (no motherboard modify!) and +4 ROMset option

Other Computers and Game Systems

Moderator: Moderators

MCes
Vic 20 Afficionado

C16 64k S-RAM internal expansion (no motherboard modify!) and +4 ROMset option

Post by MCes »

Another little project...
It will expand the memory of your C16 to 64K as a PLUS/4... and an option for replacing ROMset to enable
"3+1" FUNCTION software saving supply current (lowering internal temperature...)

It's very simple to instal:
open your C16, pull out the TED chip, plug the TED on "64KxC16", place the "64KxC16" on the TED socket, close your C16...
Not cutting traces, not desoldering anything!
(All the 64k RAM expansion cartridges require that some motherboard traces has to be cutted for removing the old ram bank and avoiding a bus conflict, and it imply that C16 can't work without plugging the ram cartridge)

There is a switch for chosing 16K or 64K system, and a 2 pin plug for the remoting of the switch.

Power absorbed by this expansion is equivalent to the energy saved by stopping the access at the original memory bank, it's possible only because it was chosen a Static RAM that use much less power of a Dynamic RAM (original one is D-RAM): not more power, not more dissipation, not more heat...

NOTE: it will be mechanically not compatible whith C16 rare models that use a metal schield inside for covering the motherboard, the standard shield type is a metallized paper, and this is mechanically compatible

http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?10 ... post945156

number0.JPG
plus4 demo.JPG
front1.JPG
rear.JPG
C16_64k_A.jpg

The ROMset option, and your C16 became a +4 (without user port...):

FullRomset1.JPG
FullRomset3.JPG
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." (Albert Einstein)
MCes
Vic 20 Afficionado

Re: C16 64k S-RAM internal expansion (no motherboard modify!) and +4 ROMset option

Post by MCes »

Added:
Also with the ROMset option: and your C16 became a +4 (without user port...)

Do you already have an internal 64k RAM expansion?
Don't worry: the "C16 to +4 C-Mos ROMset" can be purchased for € 12 and a special 50% discount (for one piece) will be applied for those who purchased one of my internal RAM expansions "64KxC16"!
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." (Albert Einstein)
MCes
Vic 20 Afficionado

Re: C16 64k S-RAM internal expansion (no motherboard modify!) and +4 ROMset option

Post by MCes »

A new "64KxC16" owner wrote me:

"My video is live here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoylA3OWLLI
Thank you for your wonderful product! I have recommended it to 2 friends already "

Ok,
now the SMD version of this project is available: so same characteristics in less space....
http://sleepingelephant.com/ipw-web/bul ... f=5&t=9581