Someone remember this game?

Discuss anything related to the VIC
nbla000
Salmon Run

Someone remember this game?

Post by nbla000 »

I remember an old game very similar to Bug Diver but slightly different.

Instead of the bug there was a fisherman and in downside there was pearls i don't remember well if enemies was fishes or something similar.

For me the name of this game may bee Pearl Diver (not the c64 version) but i cannot found a game with this name for Vic-20.

Any help to discover this game?
Last edited by nbla000 on Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mike
Herr VC

Snorkel

Post by Mike »

I presume you mean 'Snorkel'. It was published in Owen Bishop's "The VIC 20 Games Book". You have to collect pearls from shells. There are three blow-fish swimming, that can hurt you. Venus shells can clamp your hand, and touching the jellyfish proves fatal.

Some time ago I indeed typed in the German version of this game. If you're interested, PM me your e-Mail address, and I'll send it to you.

Michael
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

yes snorkel seems to be what i remember, now i'm translating it from German using info of "Mike"
but after a lot of research i've discovered this game:
that it's what i'm looking for.
I've found this game on an italian compilation "playgames n13"
that you may download HERE, the italian name is "SUB".
Unfortunately seems that this game it's protected, if i load the file after "TES SUB" from the tape the game start correctly SYS4109 but if i save this game to a Disk the game doesn't start from it, what may be the problem? there is an english version of this game in any place?

Looking in this italian site i've discovered this game too:
on "playgames n5" that you may download HERE , the italian name is "QUIX".
I remember an original english version too but i don't remember the name, in any case this game it's a 2 part game, looking on the monitor of the first part "QUIX 1" i've found this row JSR $FFBA so i've changed the LDX value from $01 to $08 but the game doesn't start from floppy, any help?
Last edited by nbla000 on Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

QIX! One of my favorite games! I am so excited to see this on the VIC!
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
ravenxau
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by ravenxau »

Qix - how cool, I never realized this game was released on the vic. I guess a lot of the games never filtered their way from Europe to Australia. Looking forward to playing this one!
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Jeff-20 wrote:QIX! One of my favorite games! I am so excited to see this on the VIC!
yes but remember that is a multipart game so if you don't fix it you must reverse the tape using a x1531 or similar cables
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

This is the index document, if anyone wants to look around for themselves:
http://www.edicolac64.com/public/cassettevic20.php

I spent some time on Quix, and come to the conclusion one file contains a loading screen, one contains the instructions, one contains a loader and the last file contains the main program. But there occurs some address mismatch as the main program seems to load to $1200-$1FFF, but the loader makes a jump to $10B0. There is possible entry routine at $12B0 though. Maybe another day.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

OK, found!!!
The original name of Quix for Vic-20 is Squeeze (C) 1983 Synapse.
Here you may found the original TAP.
It's a strange very long 2 part game, not works on a floppy need some adjustment?

Someone remember the original name of "SUB" or be able to load it from a Disk drive?
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

It is tempting to put a "U" after every "Q" in the English language. Qix (pronounced "kicks") is not only the title but refers to a large antagonist that hovers around the unclaimed areas of the screen. Does the VIC game also have this enemy? The screenshot doesn't seem to show it.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Jeff-20 wrote:Qix (pronounced "kicks") is not only the title but refers to a large antagonist that hovers around the unclaimed areas of the screen. Does the VIC game also have this enemy?
No it doesn't, the game it's slightly different from the original arcade game and you must complete the 100% of the screen.
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Using info from another post i've fixed Sub and Squeeze to load from floppy and using Mike's info i've translated from German Snorkel

Here you may found all these games plus other tape-games fixed to run on floppy!!!!