Odyssey 2 Speedway random thoughts

Other Computers and Game Systems

Moderator: Moderators

bills442
Vic 20 Amateur

Odyssey 2 Speedway random thoughts

Post by bills442 »

Does anyone remember the game "speedway" for the Odyssey 2?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA0ySQhzUeg

My friend and I during a bout of nostalgia in the mid 90s played the heck out of this game. There was in theory a 'perfect' game. The perfect game was where you held full throttle immediately when the level started and never let off, and never had a single crash until the finish on the hardest level.

It was hard to do, but we eventually both had a perfect game. I believe it was on the same console ( I hope so ).

I always remember being fascinated that each of our perfect games yielded an extremely small difference in score. I could never figure out what would cause that. Variances of the timing crystal of the console? Some strange way the system clock/timer was initialized. Could the game have possibly been penalizing you for how much left and right you moved? Was a perfect game with less side to side motion more 'perfect' than another with more?

This is my random thought for the day as a contribution to Denial during my holiday break. Happy holidays to you all!
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Re: Odyssey 2 Speedway random thoughts

Post by Jeff-20 »

I've debated on getting this console for years. So far, I've decided that I do not have the space for it. Emulation has been fine for now.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.