Reiner Foerst's Nürburgring

Other Computers and Game Systems

Moderator: Moderators

Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Reiner Foerst's Nürburgring

Post by Jeff-20 »

This question is mostly for our German Denialers. Has anyone have experience or memory of an early 1970s arcade game called Nürburgring by Reiner Foerst? I want more information about when it may have existed and what it may have been like.

This document may explain more, but I cannot read:
http://www.fahrsimulatoren.eu/images/pd ... storie.pdf
Nuerburgring1.jpeg
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
elwee
Vic 20 Amateur

Re: Reiner Foerst's Nürburgring

Post by elwee »

What exactly do you want to know out of the text?

As I'm 76 born, I of course do not had any contact with such an arcade.
But on high level, I can translate some key facts out of the linked source:

1975 Foerst patented world's first commercial driving simulator
1976 Foerst Compayn was founded
arcade bin 'Nürburgring 1' was released in germany, a second external company took over the distribution.
talks started with north-american based companies about licencing the arcade bin into the local market.
rumors about a rip-off of Nürburgring done by Atari stopped all licencing talks immediately. Atari released Night Driver. Foerst wasn't able to
expand into the overseas market(s).
1978 'Nürburgring 2' was released as a first evolution (motorcycle style instead of car driving style).
1980 'Nürburgring 3' was released as the next evolution stage (better mathematical calculation of the street drawing, color instead B/W, traffic).
1982 'Nürburgring Formel 1' as a seated evolution of N3. This version also was used - as a more serious approach - in driving trainings.
'Nürburgring Power Slide' introduced one-directonial moving seat to support driving experience.

And so on and so on, Foerst company more and more evolved into a serious driving simulator company

Inventor Foerst died in 2009.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Re: Reiner Foerst's Nürburgring

Post by Jeff-20 »

Thank you. The game is being reconsidered as a ground-breaking classic in my country. I wanted to learn more about it. I recall Night Driver fondly as the first arcade game I ever saw and played. I never knew about this predecessor.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.