Commodore: The Inside Story

History and Preservation Issues

Moderator: Moderators

thecollector
Vic 20 Drifter

Commodore: The Inside Story

Post by thecollector »

This is going to be MEGA! New kickstarter Commodore Book.

Commodore: The Inside Story By David John Pleasance
The Untold Tale of a Computer Giant with never before revealed true stories of how a huge corporation was mismanaged from Hero to Zero

The true story of what actually happened to Commodore through the years - should be a revelation, David Pleasance was UK managing director of Commodore at the time of its demise, but was also VP of Commodore Consumer Division in the USA at one stage, and also of their European Division prior. This guy knows it all inside out.

I should also mention in the video at the top of the kickstarter page for this - David Pleasance also talks about the VIC 20 during the video.

Well worth supporting! :)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/46 ... side-story
orion70
VICtalian

Re: Commodore: The Inside Story

Post by orion70 »

Tried to pledge for 30 pounds, but I cannot (UK only). It accepts Italy as a shipping destination only with 55 + 6 for shipping. It's a bit too much if not interested in the plusses (Amiga CD and e-book).
thecollector
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by thecollector »

orion70 wrote:Tried to pledge for 30 pounds, but I cannot (UK only). It accepts Italy as a shipping destination only with 55 + 6 for shipping. It's a bit too much if not interested in the plusses (Amiga CD and e-book).
Orion - I would contact them through the message system - that should not happen you should be able to pledge for anything and have it delivered to any EU country.
mrr19121970
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by mrr19121970 »

I also pledged and selected UK. Hoping they will resolve this later, otherwise will be sent to my parents.
English Invader
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by English Invader »

Backed.