Odd Cart

History and Preservation Issues

Moderator: Moderators

norm8332
Vic 20 Nerd

Odd Cart

Post by norm8332 »

I picked this up on Ebay about 13 years ago and it was in a box since then until I found it today when going through my stuff.. I guess it's pretty rare? I cant find a ton about it online. What do you guys think?
vcart2.jpg
vcart1.jpg
“In religion and politics people’s beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination... whose opinions about them were not worth a brass farthing.”

-Autobiography of Mark Twain
Mayhem
High Bidder

Re: Odd Cart

Post by Mayhem »

Looks like it might be the Machine Language Games release of Frogman. Also released by OEM aka Mr Computer. I believe I rooted out the first known copy to be dumped and published online many years ago. Yes, it's pretty rare. Only seen one or two of these releases with a pure text label, usually it has a crudely drawn image on the front.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
norm8332
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by norm8332 »

That's cool...This came in a lot and somehow it got buried in a box. It is still working i just tried it. I noticed on a couple lists it's shown as Vaporware? I think this one as well as other identical carts that are floating around shows that it was indeed released. Maybe in very small quantities, but released.
“In religion and politics people’s beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination... whose opinions about them were not worth a brass farthing.”

-Autobiography of Mark Twain
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Yes, it was listed on Cartzilla et al as vapourware because no original had turned up at that point. I think my copy was the first documented one online. About the same time you said you won your copy.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...