Jelly Monsters on Ebay (UK)

History and Preservation Issues

Moderator: Moderators

beamrider
Vic 20 Scientist

Jelly Monsters on Ebay (UK)

Post by beamrider »

These don't come up very often. I bagged one a few weeks ago at double the listed price.

The box is a bit tatty but I guess you could swap it over with a more common cart. The instruction booklet is OK.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Commodore-Vic ... Swxg5XyExl
eslapion
ultimate expander

Re: Jelly Monsters on Ebay (UK)

Post by eslapion »

Call me uneducated but it's the very first time (ever) I see the cover of the instruction leaflet for that game!
Be normal.
mrr19121970
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by mrr19121970 »

kaz666 @ lemon64.com is the seller
beamrider
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by beamrider »

None for years and then two at once...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Commodore-Vic ... 2361042871
mrr19121970
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by mrr19121970 »

eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

Is it just me or... looking at the instructions cover, seems to me that the creature eating the pills (and being chased by monsters) has a pretty good resemblance with Jack Tramiel!!
Be normal.
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Nah, it's not that rare, I tend to see a number of complete copies listed per year, if not more.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

eslapion wrote:Is it just me or... looking at the instructions cover, seems to me that the creature eating the pills (and being chased by monsters) has a pretty good resemblance with Jack Tramiel!!
Judging by the fact that also Jack Attack's main character was Tramiel's parody, it may be a VIC version of him :) .
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

orion70 wrote:Judging by the fact that also Jack Attack's main character was Tramiel's parody, it may be a VIC version of him :) .
ROFL!!

Good one!

I have a specific anecdote concerning Jelly Monsters.

Back in late 1983 - early 1984, I had a VIC-20 and a 8k RAM expansion modded to be able to run cart images from the memory expansion (BLK1-5 switch with R/W - RO mode). Back then I had only a datasette to load the images and no turbotape so the datasette took long to load these.

I had a bunch of 8k cart images stored on good quality (mostly TDK) tapes of 90 and 60 minutes and Jelly Monsters was among these but at the time it was just called "PACMAN" and we had no idea of the exact origin of the file since there were no PACMAN VIC-20 carts in stores.

One of these 83-84 winter days, a friendly cousin of mine paid us a visit and since he wasn't much of a computer guy, I wanted to play with him a game that resembled known arcade games. I load up PACMAN and there was an ?LOAD ERROR message, since it took quite a while to load, I ran the cart anyways and at 1st it seemed perfectly okay.

The big surprise came when we played the game - ALL THE MONSTERS GOT STUCK IN THE LEFT-RIGHT PASSAGEWAY! Now there's an interesting cheat! It turned out all too easy to play! After that, I didn't want to turn off my VIC cuz I didn't know what to do to save the game altered like that.

I left my VIC running that game for all that day and evening. After the cousin was gone, I invited a few of my neighbors to play during the evening.
Be normal.