looking for Sonatina Super Expander demo

History and Preservation Issues

Moderator: Moderators

eslapion
ultimate expander

looking for Sonatina Super Expander demo

Post by eslapion »

When I was 14y.o. I had a tape filled with demo programs for the Super Expander cart.

I didn't have a Super Expander but I had a modded 16k cart which I could set for 8k at BLK5 and 8k at BLK1 and so I could run Super Expander programs as if it was running along a 8k RAM expander.

One of these programs was a version of Sonatina OP.36 n.1 by Muzio Clementi which I would listen to over and over.
On Youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_Ksi2qmW0A

I got rid of my original VIC-20 in 1985 to help pay for additional C64 stuff including a 1541 disk drive.

In the early 1990's I recovered many VIC-20 software (including Basic V4) from a friend of the Sorel VIC-20 club founder and it included a few of the SE demos programs but Sonatina was nowhere to be found. Can anyone help me find it ?

I think it came from the Toronto PET user group or Compuserve.

Among the demos is a program that draws a pretty accurate version of Garfield. Another one is called Resolution and draws a series of very nice images.
Be normal.
eslapion
ultimate expander

Re: looking for Sonatina Super Expander demo

Post by eslapion »

SInce in the past I erroneously assumed the Super Expander demos I had were easy to find, I gave the demos I have left to Bo Zimmerman for posting online.
Be normal.
eslapion
ultimate expander

Re: looking for Sonatina Super Expander demo

Post by eslapion »

Be normal.