VIC 20 book on Kickstarter

History and Preservation Issues

Moderator: Moderators

oldcomputr
Vic 20 Dabbler

Re: VIC 20 book on Kickstarter

Post by oldcomputr »

orion70 wrote:It's Feb 16th, and I still have not received mine :( . Hope there's isn't a problem with Poste Italiane.. is there a way to trace the package for shipments to Italian destinations? Thanks Giacomo.
Unfortunately not. Tracking would have raised the shipping cost for everyone and forced me to compile a form for every package I sent.
I think that it's just a matter of a few days - keep me updated.
joshuadenmark
Big Mover

Post by joshuadenmark »

orion70 wrote:It's Feb 16th, and I still have not received mine :( . Hope there's isn't a problem with Poste Italiane.. is there a way to trace the package for shipments to Italian destinations? Thanks Giacomo.
Here in DK the shipping time for ordinary non tracking post is up to 16 days, much faster to walk around the country with the letters yourself :lol:
Kind regards, Peter.
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Sorry for being impatient, but I'm also getting worried about my copy. It's feb 21st, and still no news :(.
Giacomo, could you please double check the shipping address? I changed it before the deadline, and got a confirmation mail with the correct one, but you never know.. Please, drop me a line in PM. Thanks.
oldcomputr
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by oldcomputr »

orion70 wrote:Sorry for being impatient, but I'm also getting worried about my copy. It's feb 21st, and still no news :(.
Giacomo, could you please double check the shipping address? I changed it before the deadline, and got a confirmation mail with the correct one, but you never know.. Please, drop me a line in PM. Thanks.
The address on my shipping list corresponds to the address on Kickstarter (I will PM it to you in a minute). Be aware that the first book in Rome was delivered yesterday.
majikeyric
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by majikeyric »

I received mine today here in France ! :)
Many thanks Giacomo !!! This is a great gift for us VIC addicts :)
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

..and YES! I received mine too, just yesterday. Giacomo, THANKS SO MUCH for this! It's worth every cent. A true "bible" of the little computer that could :). Extras are great, the magnetic plaque is already on my refrigerator. Also, the format is very compact - and way fatter than I thought. There's so much to read, and its quality and richness graphic-wise is unparalleled, even in press of other major 8-bits.

I showed it with a bit of pride (hey, there's my name on it!) to mum, wife, brother, and even daughter, and TBH they all had the same reaction - shook their heads in disapproval :P. Then I got out, walked reading it for the first time, and banged a street light pole :D.
CanadaPhil
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by CanadaPhil »

I received my copy today and I am relieved that none of the books corners arrived crushed from shipping damage as it has come a long way! :D

I am very busy tonight so I still do not have a chance to look through it thoroughly but what I have seen looks pretty good so far.

However, all of the outer hardcover is matte finish. If I recall correctly, I thought the commodore keys and cover images were to have had a gloss spot varnish applied to make them "pop" visually??
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

Received mine in Canada today, as well. Very, very beautiful book. I'd forgotten it was coming with posters and magnet! What an exceptionally good looking book. You really deserve to be proud of your work, Giacomo.
Image Music I've made with 1980s electronics, synths and other retro-instruments: http://theovoids.bandcamp.com
joshuadenmark
Big Mover

Post by joshuadenmark »

My copy arrived safely today in Denmark, marvelous masterpiece, thanks Giacomo.
Kind regards, Peter.

Post by merman »

Received mine today, brilliant work.
highinfidelity
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by highinfidelity »

CanadaPhil wrote:However, all of the outer hardcover is matte finish. If I recall correctly, I thought the commodore keys and cover images were to have had a gloss spot varnish applied to make them "pop" visually??
I also remember reading this. Perhaps it was a further step in fund raising that didn't meet the goal, or an idea that has proven impossible to carry out at the chosen printing facility.
GOD is REAL. Unless declared DOUBLE PRECISION.
tokra
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by tokra »

highinfidelity wrote:
CanadaPhil wrote:However, all of the outer hardcover is matte finish. If I recall correctly, I thought the commodore keys and cover images were to have had a gloss spot varnish applied to make them "pop" visually??
I also remember reading this. Perhaps it was a further step in fund raising that didn't meet the goal, or an idea that has proven impossible to carry out at the chosen printing facility.
Giacomo explained this on Kickstarter in the comments:
"I was so upset with the printing facility delays that I forgot about the UV on the cover - sorry about that."

Received my books and card-sets today as well, really nice! I see the books can still be purchased:

http://www.oldcomputr.com/shop/
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

I strongly suggest it! Get a copy while it's available!
merman
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by merman »

Will post a video tomorrow.
mrr19121970
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by mrr19121970 »

I received mine (not sure when), but it was waiting for me when I was home yesterday.