Gamebase20 version 1.0

History and Preservation Issues

Moderator: Moderators

Mayhem
High Bidder

Gamebase20 version 1.0

Post by Mayhem »

Just setting a marker out for the next version that will be released in the future. When, I have no idea right now!

First, I'm actually going to advance the version number properly to 1.0! None of this 0.x nonsense from now on. Part of this reason is that I'm confident it can be a fully fledged and working Gamebase, with minimal issues (TAPs that don't load in Vice 2.x aside). But there will be a few things I will be doing (or have done) in preparation:

- Convert the database so that it now supports the Gamebase 1.3 frontend. This is rather important. It will mean that anyone still using the 1.2 frontend will have to upgrade at last. I've got a layout I'm happy with so far.

- Go through every single game entry, check the details (programmer, year, publisher etc), add any data for the new fields where relevant (if there is a design team, or different graphics artist etc), and root out what TAP games don't work in Vice 2.x.

- Retake every single screenshot after Windows 7 on my laptop here managed to produce duplicate versions of some shots halfway through putting v0.3 together.

- Hopefully add the majority of games still sitting in my "to add" directory here, that should be put in the database.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Vic20-Ian
Vic 20 Scientist

Re: Gamebase20 version 1.0

Post by Vic20-Ian »

Great news, will be happy to help.
Vic20-Ian

The best things in life are Vic-20

Upgrade all new gadgets and mobiles to 3583 Bytes Free today! Ready